easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:22 am

enjoy the vacation!

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Well Im back and decided to do a little bit of painting. My projects at the minute are going to be:
1. Collect Khador
2. Finish painting Tyranids
3. Restore Space Marines
4. Paint Dwarfs
5. Paint my Khador

Did a good bit of touch up on my nids tonight. Will be going away again in the morning, will probably bring some Dwarves with me. Need to get back into the swing of updating this
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:19 am

Good luck, I think the Marines are going to be fun!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:47 am

Keep us posted with pics and such :)

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah, the annoying thing about pics is Flickr takes so long to upload them, might set up a photobucket at some stage, that or start taking more pics with my poor quality webcam
Curahee!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:25 pm

I use photobucket, it works fairly well.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 am

I do photobucket too. But did not think about organizing before I started dumping the photos in, so have a mess.

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:55 am

You should just start organizing now. I don't recall if you could even make different folders when I started using it. Probably could, just didn't notice it as a noob. I wish there was a redirect you could put in after moving images!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:45 pm

So I'm home again for a night, going off again for the last time in the morning! I'm currently assembling/repairing a Tactical Squad and finishing painting three Dwarf Thunderers while catching up on MWG's Live Sit 'N Talk and BoW's The Weekender. Also plan on watching the last two episodes of Falling Skies Season 2
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Home for good this time! Went out back and primed a Tactical Squad and have just finished basecoating them, I also started basecoating the Drop Pod
Curahee!

DaOrkyBitz
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:34 pm

(subscribed) :3

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks man!

Well I'm back to school but have an easy year this time, no major exams :D Need to break out the paints and especially the camera again. I owe you all some pics! Got a bit more work on 4 of the Marines. I'm following the guide for painting White Scars which was in the June 2012 White Dwarf.

In other off topic news, I recently re-watched seasons one and two of Falling Skies, finished season 2 of Touch and am currently watching Revolution (god help me) and Breaking Bad :)

Still slugging through 'A Song of Ice And Fire' on A Storm of Swords Part 2. Read the red wedding/rains of castamere chapter last night and just sat there in shock for a while......
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:50 pm

easycompany wrote:
Still slugging through 'A Song of Ice And Fire' on A Storm of Swords Part 2. Read the red wedding/rains of castamere chapter last night and just sat there in shock for a while......
I love those books, and I was the SAME way. I still am to this day. I thought my wife was going to cry when we watched it on HBO. She isn't much of a reader, but asked that I bring the book up for her immediately ;)

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Dez wrote:
easycompany wrote:
I love those books, and I was the SAME way. I still am to this day. I thought my wife was going to cry when we watched it on HBO. She isn't much of a reader, but asked that I bring the book up for her immediately ;)
Yeah I've no idea what's gonna happen next!
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 pm

I've read them all a few times, so I won't say anything more :)