easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by easycompany » Fri May 17, 2013 8:23 am

Just found out that I won a Beasts of War competition! :D I won five of the first fifty Dark Legionnaire models for Warzone Resurrection!! Time difference sucks though, every time I get on Ventrilo (around 3 hours total on it) I've been on my own :( Need to get some painting done, this weekend, touch up the basecoat of my Juggernaut, assemble the Widowmakers and prime the Ariadna Starter Pack!
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri May 17, 2013 9:00 am

Congrats, that's pretty cool!

I've been going on later at night, work is just too crazy right now.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Fri May 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Wow this week flew by!! I'm now finished school! :D Junior Cert starts in around ten days so I'll be studying for that. Will try do some hobby stuff tomorrow. Maybe get those Widowmakers on their bases and maybe even primed... Last week I managed to tidy up the Juggernaut's basecoat and prime the Ariadna Starter Pack that I've had lying around for a while. I have to say I'm a bit nervous about building/painting those warzone models. Pretty small pieces and a lot of clean up to be done. Also no instructions :( Sorry for the wall of text, pics up tomorrow!
easy
Curahee!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat May 25, 2013 7:43 am

congrats on the win and good luck on exams!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat May 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Well today was a fail! No painting or pics! :( However I did get a good bit of study done and I just finished a game of Warmachine on Vassal :D Will do some hobby stuff tomorrow!
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Pic Dump!! :D

Khador Destroyer - WIP
306 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
and back
307 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Khador Juggernaut - WIP
306 (2) by easycompany506th, on Flickr
307 (2) by easycompany506th, on Flickr

308 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Khador Widowmakers

312 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
313 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Ariadna Starter Pack - Primed

311 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

A mysterious package arrives......
261 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

:D
314 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

309 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

310 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Today again no hobby done, but I got a bit of footage done for my still coming soon YouTube channel and I also did a little bit of work on the intro song...
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Wow haven't updated this in a while :oops:
Just back from a Warmachine tournament, managed to lose all 4 games but one was a by so I didn't come last! Been working on the Dwarves from my Battleforce Challenge recently. Will post pics here soon. When I was in town I bought a box of Doom Reavers for my growing Khador army. I also picked up a handful of paints! Enough to pretty much finish of with my Tyranids! Will have to restrain myself from breaking them out so I finish my Dwarves in time! At the minute it doesn't look very likely, only 5/27 models completed :| Pics to come!
Curahee!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:19 am

You can do it!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 am

You can finish them.

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 am

You can do it Easy. Also congrats on the competition win and I feel you about it seeming that no one is ever on ventrillo when you are.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am

Yeah I feel guilty not having been on vent lately, seeing as I'm one of the only people from yurp that goes on there.

But you can do it man, just sit yourself down, take a unit and go through the entire unit one colour/stage at a time. When you feel that it is killing your soul and you feel like you can't/don't want to continue, keep sitting down and keep on painting! Sit there and paint for at least 3-4 hours straight, bathroom breaks are allowed but no food or water untill you're done.

Then just do this same thing every day for the rest of the month, you should be finished with time to spare!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

Arnathos wrote:When you feel that it is killing your soul and you feel like you can't/don't want to continue, keep sitting down and keep on painting! Sit there and paint for at least 3-4 hours straight, bathroom breaks are allowed but no food or water untill you're done.

Then just do this same thing every day for the rest of the month, you should be finished with time to spare!
That's what I did last night, building and rebuilding my Vendetta. Of course I was up until almost 4 AM :)

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:22 pm

And we're back!
Was in my FLGS earlier for a fun Warmachine Who's The Daddy tournament where you bring a 25 point list and in each game you are assigned a colossal or gargantuan from a different army! Over the three games I got to use the Stormwall, Kraken and Worldwrath. I also bought a Winter Guard Officer and Standard, Battle Mechaniks and I won a Manhunter solo! I also picked up some Army Painter black primer and some Nuln Oil and Ceramite white for the White Scars Space Marine force Ill be restoring! I also bought the first 20 issues of Warhammer Monthly, the old comic Games Workshop used to publish, off a local player and Ill hopefully be getting the next 20 or so in a couple of months, anyway, plan on doing some painting tonight and need to try and keep myself motivated to post here!
Curahee!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:47 am

Never heard of the comic.

Glad you had fun. Paint more!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:20 am

On holidays with no minis for a while. When I get home I plan on finishing my Tyranids and getting all my Warmachine stuff assembled and primed
Curahee!