easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by easycompany » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:23 am

Obviously I haven't completed my pledge (again :() cause I was pretty sick the last few days. I'm going to visit family over Easter so I'll try do a bit of painting today.

The rest of this thread will be off topic so if you're just here for the pretty pictures, move along :P

Pretty sad to hear the news about the MWG store and everything but I look forward to their future :) I might try and get a vault membership at some stage. Recently I've been in a good mood about pretty much everything no idea why :D

Played my first game of Warmachine on Vassal on Tuesday. 25 points against Menoth. It went badly but I had fun. Oh well, I wasn't expecting to win it being my first game and all! :wink: We never finished the game cause at the very end he lost connection and I had to leave but it was quite clear that he would win. I might get a box of Widowmakers soon, loved using them in the game! I might also have a guest article on a noobs entrance to Warmachine on http://threediceoverload.wordpress.com/
an Irish Warmachine Bog :) Check it out! There will be a wide variety of articles on there.

On my Tyranids, I've decided I'll stick with Hive Fleet Kraken for now. Still need to buy more paints and in terms of models, a Tervigon, 5 more Termagants and a Hive Guard will bring me to 1000 points then I will leave Kraken probably forever and Tyranids for a while. I'll do a different Hive Fleet when/if I come back to Tyranids. My ideas for 40k are to create my own armies chapters/hive fleets/legions/kabals/craftworlds etc. with their own fluff. Warren fro Beast of War inspired me and rekindled my love for the 41st millenium with his 'Gaming in the Gaps' article he did a while back.

YouTube account is still coming soon......

Once I finish my 2013 Goals (page one), I might start some other wargames, get two starter boxes and a rulebook and start getting people into the game all in my Hipster Wargamer movement! :P
Currently I'm looking at Dystopian Wars, Dark Potential, Malifaux and Batman the miniatures game.

What have I been watching? Just started Game of Thrones and am still watching and enjoying The Following, Community, The Walking Dead and Arrow (just for fun)

That's all for now!! See you all later!

easy
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 am

I'm a huge GoT fan, I've read the series through a few times. I can't wait for Sunday ;) I also love Community, Dan Harmon was a cowriter for one of my favorite comics: Scud the Disposable Assassin.

I've gotta do some YouTube work myself. Vassal, gotta do Vassal so I get more games in...
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Quick update. Got this weeks pledge done. Going away to visit relatives for Easter. Will be back on Monday. Probably won't get internet connection so have a great weekend and Easter everyone! :D
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am

Fear not, I'm back! :D
Haven't got anything done over the past few weeks. Life is really getting busy at the minute. However I am inspired to do some hobby work again. Today I might get a start on clipping bits from all the frames that have built up into some bank bags to keep for the future. I still need to finish base coating my Juggernaut, hopefully this week. If the weather is good at the weekend I'll also get the primer out and spray my Infinity stuff. Gaming wise I still haven't done anything but I will be attending a 25 point Warmachine tournament in a couple of weeks. No that does not mean I have more models, a local guy is lending me some :wink:
So that's all for now pics are coming soon I swear!
Curahee!

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:13 pm

WB, hope you enjoyed that long trip :D
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Finished clipping all those frames. I have bags for:
Warhammer Fantasy:
Beastmen
Dwarves
The Empire
Lizardmen
3 full bags of Orcs & Goblins bitz
Tomb Kings
Wood Elves

40k:
Dark Eldar
Imperial Guard
Orks
Space Marines Tau

Only a couple of pieces for most of those though. Still have loads more frames to go through, will get them down from the attic soon.
Right now I'm just watching some stuff, Revolution (It's terrible but addictive), Modern Family, Matt's latest Sit & Talk, a bunch of wargaming vids including this documentary I found:
http://www.cameraskills.tv/product.php/ ... ame-heroes

So yeah :) Fun night ahead of me. Might break out some paints at some stage. Oh and I'll also be lurking these forums so feel free to say hi :)
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:19 pm

YAY pics! :D
Here's what I got done this week. Sorry for poor quality (webcam) pics
2013-04-20 23-06-07.466 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
2013-04-20 23-06-09.637 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
2013-04-20 23-06-21.307 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
2013-04-20 23-06-38.600 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
My bits box :) All neatly organised into their faction in bank bags
Curahee!

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by FDARaptor » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:27 pm

lol You bag your bitz? I just throw the sprues in a bin

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Very organized!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:09 am

FDARaptor wrote:lol You bag your bitz? I just throw the sprues in a bin
A part of me just died there....... :P
maybe you should send them to me :wink:
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:07 am

I organize all my bits too, probably a bit OCD on that. I used to have them down even better, for example I even had left and right handed shootaz separated. Unfortunately that kind of organization takes up a lot of space and I was getting in trouble with the Missus ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:39 pm

OCD hi five! Ewwww! Germs!!! :P
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Wed May 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey guys! Haven't been up to much lately. Been busy with exams starting Ian few weeks and what not. On Sunday I managed to play in a 25 point Warmachine tournament! :) Tournament report will be up soon. I also picked up some Khador tokens, some templates and a box of Widowmakers! I need to get painting again and I need to find out what's with this ventrilo thing...
See you all soon!
easy
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat May 11, 2013 4:46 pm

It's Saturday night and you know what that means! Painting time! :D Yep I'm back and I'm gonna get some painting done. Planning on finishing the basecoat on my Juggernaut and maybe assemble the Widowmakers
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 am

Hey everyone!
Enjoying Ventrilo! Is it gonna stay up after this week? I certainly hope so! Will use it a bit over the Summer cause right now I'm extremely busy! Not much time left for painting now with exams starting on the 5th of June! I'll try and get a small amount of hobby work done at the weekend. What time I have I just want to relax and watch something or browse these forums....
More updates soon! I want to get the activity level on this thread up :P
Curahee!