Shanny'swheneverIpaint-2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Shanny'swheneverIpaint-2013

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:48 pm

I would Dez, if I had money.. going to get my cell phone camera to do it. maybe if I can the pictures to the computer.

Only hobby stuff done today was some hair conditioner TLC of my brushes... they are gonna smelll so purdy tomorrow. :D
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:32 am

I take all my pics with my cell too ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:54 am

Same here, my new cell phone has a pretty awesome macro, the macro on the old one was decent, but it couldn't take table wide shots too well, and that my new phone(my wife's old phone) does decently as well.

Excited to see pics from your cell!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 pm

They will come as soon as I figure out how to upload the...:: growls:: things. My computer know the cell phone is connected because it makes the same noise as when I used to connect my camera... but then nothing happens... RAWR!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:18 am

if u have a smart phone u can use the photobucket app to completely skip over connecting to the computer, its how i do it so I dont have to deal with the headache
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:24 am

Not a smart phone.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:30 am

then god speed
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 am

Just need to do the detail bits on Kaya and she is DONE! I'm taking pics with the cell phone but I can't seem to figure out oho to get them on my computer.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Just need to do the detail bits on Kaya and she is DONE! I'm taking pics with the cell phone but I can't seem to figure out oho to get them on my computer.
SD reader? Text them to your email?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Soooo Papa Nurgle gave me a BIIIIIIIG germy hug and I've only gotten to the point of feeling human today, but I haven't gotten any painting done. But my camera was not has broken as I thought so I was able to take a pic of Kaya as she is up to this point.

Tomorrow I'm going to start painting my niece's Everblight with her... should be interesting.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I love painting with my kids!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm looking forward to it. I even have something set up so my younger niece can paint something to.. rocks but I'm sure she'll be happy about it.

I'm just worried she might get frustrated. My niece has ADHD and sometimes gets frustrated when things don't turn out right the first go. She's watched me paint before so I think she'll be okay.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:00 am

Yeah have several things to paint, that helps! I know my daughter goes from one thing to the next, she paints way faster than her old dad ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:44 am

Well she has the whole everblight side of the two player starter box set to keep her busy. I'm going to try very hard not to tell how to do it, and let her do her own thing.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 am

So in two days my neice got her army painted. Its not great, but a heck of a lot better than what I did at her age. I think its kind of cool she's getting started just days before her tenth birthday and I got started on this hobby when I turned ten ( the Warhammer box set was my Birthday present...)

I taught her the basics and then we played a game... I kinda let her win, but she was okay with that. :D But I dropped Kaya and Splinter , her weapon, broke. :(