Shanny'swheneverIpaint-2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Shanny'swheneverIpaint-2013

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:07 pm

i love the plastic arguses....argus's....argusi.... argus.... whatever... great work :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm

ditto!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:41 pm

OCD setting in, no more armies!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:46 pm

How can you say no to werewolves Dez?

I`ve decided to go full army winter theme instead of different caster having different seasons. Not for lack of ideas, but lack of funds to buy and paint multiples of the same units in different colours.

Already got an idea for the Tharns: Bluish white skin with blue hair in various shades. :D
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:48 pm

my friend/customer wants me to maybe paint his orboros up which is kinda sick and i get my need for werewolves out
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:11 pm

yay for more werewolves!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat May 04, 2013 10:24 pm

New update. Working on the Warp Born skin walkers.

Not sure if I wanna do the cloak in a solid grey or mix it up a bit.. suggestions?

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat May 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Hmm, what do you mean by mix it up? That sounds intriguing, of course!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun May 05, 2013 9:03 am

Different shades of grey on the same cloak, since it looks stitches from different parts.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun May 05, 2013 9:14 am

That's the way to go!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm

All the base coat down on the Warp born.

Before anyone even asks. I've tried like four times to reattach that one guys axe head on after he took a tumble off my desk. I gave up.

And in case you were wondering, yes the leader dude is blue, I like to do a base of blue and then a mix of blue and black for black hair, and sometimes fur.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed May 15, 2013 9:14 am

Almost done first layer and inking on the Warpborn. I have to say despite my intial worries about them, with all their itty bitty details, I REALLY like painting these guys, even more then the argi. Also worked on removing paint from some of my old bret models. Debating if I should re do certain parts of the army since I'm switching from GW paint to Reaper. *sigh* decisions decisions.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed May 15, 2013 9:18 am

Sometimes fixing those fiddly breaks can be annoying. I fixed my friends Samael yesterday, only to break it testing out the 'Dynamic' flight stand. SO mad.

I would compare your GW to Reaper to see if they are close enough.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm

I really like reaper paints.

Loving the new models.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Busy week, but still was able to get stuff done. One of the few up sides of being on medical leave I guess... Anywho...Time for some Warpborn....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRROOOO!

Do a little turn on the cat walk.. erm.. wolf walk

Unfortunately just before I took these picture one of the warpborn took a leap from my desk... and his axe blade went flying off to part unknown... blarg.

And now I also have a base coat on the feral warp wolf... I planning on bringing what looks like yellowish brown to a whitish brown... right now he lookie like a blob of browns.

And.. the butt shot.