Shanny'swheneverIpaint-2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Shanny'swheneverIpaint-2013

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 pm

So I decided to jump on this bandwagon and be one of the cool people. :D But me being me had to do it my own way. Like the title says, I'll be updating pretty much whenever.. the difference between this and a WIP?... No clue. :D I might do WiP threads along the way on specfic thing/ projects.

So what's on the agenda this year?

WARMAHORDES!!!!!

Well more like Hordemachines...Soon, ( very soon I hope)I am going to be picking up the two player starter set for Horde... me taking Circle ( like that was a hard guess) and Legion going to... my girly nine year old niece... I kid you not she choose it. And then later in the year I will be picking up Khador and she will be getting Cryx. ( Ironically she decided she liked Cryx when I was showing her warmachine factions she might like better then Legion because they are bad guys... she doesn't care if they are bad guys though.)

I may do some GW stuff here there, or other models I can get my hands on... but with limited budget I am going to be focusing on the stiff I wanna play with. :D

In the mean time... here is some terrain I have working on.. please don't laugh.

Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Shanny'swheneverIpaint-2013

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm

well... this is awkward... sorry to say this, but i must commence with war upon u, u khadoran scum, to retrieve my god and save my race! >:P RETRIBUTION OF SCYRAH SHALL BE MINE! (i remember u talking about khador alot xD)

lol, cant wait to see what happens with the warmahordes stuff, i plan on getting my ret finished too this year
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I love warmahordes (Skorne rocks my sockses off) and I can't wait to see what you come up with!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 pm

My Terrain piece is off in the Terrain forums http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 7&t=101911

Nothing new on the models front, other than trying to decide my Circle colour scheme... not much you can do with them and still stay with the fluff.

And... here my kitty Mickey!

Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 pm

he is adorable
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 pm

So.. nothing much to report.. wait... what is this?!

HUZZAH! Let the wolves howl.

Now if I can just decide on a paint scheme I'm set......*sigh*

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 pm

I saw some gorgeous legion schemes using crackling paint for the carapace, it gives an unique look to the models, hope you can think of something that makes you happy with them!
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Orboros during like winter or autumn is usually a cool idea, I barely have touched my legion though lll
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nusphigor
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Nusphigor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm

oh yeas! Legion!
Those (and the skorne titans) are my favorite :D

Pics!!!!
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 am

The Legion are my niece's and she will be painting them.

I have three ideas for Orboros

Winter scheme- Blues, white and silver. I've seen it before, but it still looks awesome.

The usual greens.

Or painting different warlocks and what will be their battle groups in different themes depending on where they usually have their battles/territory.

The last one I'd have to wait to get to Orboros book ( already ordered) to see if there are different colour schemes to different territories.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

I love painting Warmachine/Hordes models. I'm tempted to pick this up myself ;)

I like the idea of the Winter scheme, run with it!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:33 am

Little bit of an update. I have finished building the Legion models and started on the argus and Kaya. Its been awhile since I've built a model so I am going slowly, making sure I get all them evil mold lines, between that, lots of shifts at work and a bunch of crap to deal with at home its a bit of slow going.

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 am

Can't wait to see them!
Curahee!

Bronzeback40
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Bronzeback40 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:01 am

I like the idea of the winter theme for Circle. It would work well with all models in the line (although blackclads will become blueclads ;) ). The seasonal/regional themes could be trickier but could be overall more awesome, although you may have a little less cohesion. Moshar the Desertwalker could be the summer/desert guy with red-browns and yellow-browns prominent (etra coolness if you do a few construct beasts for him), Morvhana sort of implies spring/forests and would have mostly living beasts and might do well with greens and browns, and for whatever reason I'd say Krueger might match well with autumn with greys and browns, Baldur would be good for this as well. It does mean buying a lot of stuff.
What, you think you're the only one who's mastered the ancient art of the nunchaku?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:27 am

I can't wait to see them. Almost convinced to pick up the box too :)