#theweeklypaint of Knibz

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

#theweeklypaint of Knibz

Post by knibbler » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey guys, it's been some time since I've been around so I figured, new year, new goals, fresh start.
I didn't fair too well in last years Daily Paint so I thought what better way than to follow in the footsteps of the great Epic Duck and partake in #theweeklypaint of 2013.
I'm hoping that this thread will not only help me share and learn more with the community but allow me to keep track with my painting.

The main feature of this thread will be my Dark Eldar, of which I have roughly 2500pts.
You'll also see my progress on my part of the #warmongers twitter project #ForgeWorldOnly where I will be building and painting a Minotaurs army, starting with Chapter Master Asterion Moloc..

My first week of this thread will begin as of Sunday 20/1/13.

Here's a few pictures of where I'm at with my current progress so you all know where I'll be starting from..

Dark Eldar

Minotaurs

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: #theweeklypaint of Knibz

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Looks awesome so far.. The Dark eldar flyer makes me think of Batman Beyond for some reason.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 am

You have lots to paint! I love the line work on the Raider, I hope the same pattern will be on the Razorwing as well.

Love those Army Painter brushes!

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 pm

That first picture looks oddly familiar...
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks for the comments peeps!
@Mike- you may have seen it around twitter, it consists off all the Dark Eldar I got for Xmas from my wife and brother-in-law. That's quite the haul you have there in yours :)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 pm

I think Mike was refering to the fact it look similar to his own picture of dark eldar...
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Welcome to the world of Dark Eldar. Great minds must think alike...on paint scheme's at least :) The red just feels right, doesn't it? Hope my razorwing comes out that well, can't paint a straight line to save my life :(

Is there gold in your ravager, or is it just a trick of the light. I really like the effect.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah, I was just referring to the massive pile of unopened boxes ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm

I think we all have them :(

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Nappen wrote:Welcome to the world of Dark Eldar. Great minds must think alike...on paint scheme's at least :) The red just feels right, doesn't it? Hope my razorwing comes out that well, can't paint a straight line to save my life :(

Is there gold in your ravager, or is it just a trick of the light. I really like the effect.
Great minds certainly do think alike lol :P I just couldn't see any other colour scheme working for me..
To be honest I didn't think mine was going to come out that well at all, really pleased with it.
No gold on the then Raider or on any model for that matter, I really haven't found a gold I like using.. Not even a drop of gold on the Minotaur, all brass and bronze as well as the detail colours.
Epic Duck Mike wrote:Yeah, I was just referring to the massive pile of unopened boxes ;)
Lol yeah I picked up on that as soon as I pressed submit on my post.. Your image didn't load first time :( lol

Nusphigor
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Nusphigor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 pm

thats a really cool scheme for the Dark eldar! :D
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 am

I really have to get to work on mine...

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 am

Apologies for the lack of updates guys! Wasn't able to get much done last week, at least not enough to update about. Though, things are looking up... Got myself some painting time today and tomorrow.

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 am

Quick update on the progress I made yesterday on my Razorwing after brushing the dust off lol

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 am

i like it, definitely tron-esc look with how clean the gradient is :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria