Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013 and 14)

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013)

Post by Xaz » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Looking great. I want that board!

I'm about to spend three weeks in Nashville training and was going to paint some salamanders while I sit there myself!
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:I do like that all the scouts are red heads, makes me smile xD loving the salamanders
In the Salamander Omnibus (almost done-so don't ruin it ;) ) the author always refers to salamanders with orange hair, so I figured, "why not?"
Xaz wrote:I'm about to spend three weeks in Nashville training and was going to paint some salamanders while I sit there myself!
When you getting here, maybe hound and I can meet you at the GW there.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Finished the Salamanders (minus bases) and got started on the next unit for the Peace Marine Legion...Venom Thorns. I have 10 tacticals and 5 Terminators and a couple of vehicles.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:50 am

You are pumping out might fine work!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:20 pm

My last post got caught in the site going down...ah, well...

here are a couple of test bases for the salamanders. Pics kinda blurry.

ImageImage

Started work on the Venom Thorns. Only found one reference to them in a short story. Armor like a beetles carapace and gold helmets and sigils. I figure anything else I can do what I want :)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Venom thorns are pretty cool actually, I approve! :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 am

Great work! Those salamanders rival your dark Eldar! I'm down for a nashville game/ hobby time! If you have WFB, Xaz, it would be a great time for Triumph and Treachery...
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:48 am

I finished up the basing on the salamanders this morning. They are all now peace marine marked and ready to join that force. Pics later.

If you and Xaz want to head here and play and smoke a brisket or something we can do that too.