Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013 and 14)

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013)

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:44 am

Sweet Terminators and Nice job on that Captain. He looks pretty darn swell. Sorry to hear the new LGS was a bust, maybe just a slow day?
Happy Wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 pm

Thanks,

Tonight I just did the first couple of layers on my last five Incubi. Want to make a squad of 10 to go with my archon or the Duke..

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:55 am

Those crack me up so hard. Have you thought about doing a display board with them? Seeing the full force across a Candyland Battlefield facing off against some Cavity/Candy themed Demons would be AWESOME! Kandy Kane Kairos? Bubblegum Bloodletters? Sour Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh? Nerds Nurglings?!?!?
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:00 pm

I have a bunch of pink horrors I need to paint, along with a Prince and Fate Weaver :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Little bit more done on my Incubi. Not much else...but do have a boston butt smoking in the big green egg.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:38 am

Did a little more on my Incubi-will finish them this weekend!!!!

Woke up at 5:30, looked at the temp on the pork I had smoking and it was at 111. Alarm didn't go off, so got up, restoked the fire...then watched a movie and painted.

Getting ready to finally go see the hobbit :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Finished!

Now to get back to my daughters Peace Marines.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:01 am

Awesome incubi!

Brought my daughter to see the Hobbit today too.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:44 am

Mine liked it, but got kind of tired mid movie. She is not into the love story parts, but liked the dragon.

I worked on her salamander recruits last night. Am up early for so strange reason, but will go ahead and get the brisket put on the grill :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:29 am

Here is a test model-pre peace conversion. And my pile ready to go.

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:40 pm

Took a break from working on my daughter's salamanders and did a bit on the board. Added the bunker, stairs in the cut out section and some other small fits. Here it is with the third layer glued on and dry fit of the bunker and step area. The big peice next to the bunker is another insert. The bunker will get glued up but will be able to come out and the other peice put in if I want a flat surface and not a bunker.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:55 pm

A bit more progress on the salamanders. The are not quite ready for their peace symbols, but they are getting there.

ImageImage

IGfanatic
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Those salamanders are looking rather shnazzy!
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:59 pm

So, here they are with everything except their peace markings-so skulls etc are not done. Tried to make these so they could convert back to Salamanders without a lot of work :) ...But they will be peace marine converts soon...like before I go to bed tonight ;)

ImageImageImage

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 pm

I do like that all the scouts are red heads, makes me smile xD loving the salamanders
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria