Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013 and 14)

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013)

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:55 am

Sitting at a new LGS, hoping other players show up soon. Eight Wargame tables, rows of card/board game tables and a few private rooms. Very little terrain, but only open for a month .

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Sounds cool!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:19 pm

I wish I had a LGS... all I got is my table in my basement.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:02 pm

I got tired of waiting and went to the other store in town. Played a 2k game against Grey knights and we tied. one objective each. I had first blood and line breaker, he had warlord and linebreaker. Game ended in five.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:03 am

Started on a project for the group build. I had been wanting to do a trench board and hoping this will motivate me.

I worked a little on my deathmatch termies and put the armor basecoat on five incubi. But I know when I start getting into terrain, my painting drops way off :)

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:31 am

What's the name of the new place? Is it inclarksville? Because once I get back we can head over for a game or terrain-paint-o-thon.
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:04 pm

It is called frontline games. No relation to the other one

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Where do you get those lion transfers for your DE? I just realized its on my family crest.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I paint them on and they are a cave bear from my family crest ;)

I used an exacto knife and a peice of old transparancy and cut it out. I use it like a stencil with my airbrush.

If you notice, it is also my avatar :)

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by ArqArturo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Rudolph got assimilated :p.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Hee, Hee

finished my termies for the deathmatch. Need to base them tonight and they are done.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Finished up my deathmatch termies. better pics to follow, but here is a quick snapshot.

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:50 pm

After finishing the termie squad, I thought I was done with the ultramarine converts to peace marinedom, but I found three more tactical marines and oops...forgot Captain Hendrix.

Finished the tacticals, and about half way through the Captain. Once I finish those, I can move on to the Salamander and Soul Drinker converts and then on to the venom thorns.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Finished the CPT for my daughter's peace marines. That is all of the Ultramarine converts done :)

ImageImageImage

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 am

Somehow I think that cape should be a baby blanket :)