Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013 and 14)

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013)

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:05 pm

Is it me, or does the talos looks a bit much like a Wraith Engine? Which is awesome IMO, and I'm still surprised no one has thought to adding some cryx bits in anything Chaos, or vicecersa.

Might have to do it myself, but I'm more interested in Minotaurs :/.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Talos pain tyrant, a new apocalypse unit is just a modified wraith engine... I guess I gotta make this a thing and write the stats
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:44 pm

A little more progress while watching a movie.

ImageImage

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Finished Dez's (the dark mechanicus) Ravager conversion. Best use of a space marine codex I can think of ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:49 pm

It looks killer! I KNEW if anyone did it justice it would be you! The thing has been sitting on my shelf for so long...
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 am

It was a real pain to get back on all that detail behind stuff. The little arms and plates under the "driver" were the toughtest. :)

If I ever play apoc, this will be the centerpiece of my ravager formation.

I also like that this could be a Ravager or I can use it as a dias of destruction if I ever decided to run one. This is the kind of crazy that Vect would use.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:48 am

Long, long day at work. I did manage to start working on the basing for about 10 models. Should be able to finish tonight and take a group shot.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Little more on the bases :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:11 pm

spent the day iced in. finished my painting pledge...succubus, baron and urien. Did the red lines on a ravager. Now going to watch a movie.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Finished up my last three DE HQs

The Baron
ImageImageImage

Urien R

ImageImage

Succubus
ImageImage

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 pm

They look great!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:31 am

Someone gave me the idea for the razorwing engine on the back of the skyboard. I was reallys stuck there. Raptor gave me the idea for the ravager blades for wings. Got the cape from Hound's bit bin. :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Setting up for my son and I's first battle in a while. We are doing a turn a night. This go, DE vs Tyranids in a ruined tundra city...

This is the first I have unrolled my snow mat since the move and it has some serious folds etc. I guess being in the garage during the ice storm probably didn't help either :) hoping it will flatten out as we play and it lays flat for a week.

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm

So, you know how you set out your models for the pre game while you set up. Well, it is Christmas and our field is full of the winter spirit, so my son had his tyranids overrunning the village in the dining room.

Is that santa on the roof?

Out of the way!

"You can't see me..."

What happened to the red nose?