Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013 and 14)

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013 and 14)

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:58 pm

I am currently away on buisness, but thought I would post the stuff from my daily paint that happened this year. then I realized that I hadn't finished anything of note so far this year :( BUT I have lots of stuff in progress and hope to post some this weekend.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nappen's #weekly paint

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 am

Looking forward to it :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:11 pm

All I got done today was to paint five of the six lava board panels I am working on black, along with a couple of the terrain peices to go with it. One quart of black ended up just a tiny bit short :(

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:16 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing your Lava panels. Also didn't you work on your wyches? Those are something of note.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 pm

I will be chronicalling it over in my terrain WIP, but since you asked, here is the dry fit of the panels, then a panel with the sand and then some bits of terrain I made from scraps :) Once I get the last panel painted up and they are dry I will take a pic of those. As for my wyches, all I have left is to base the last 10 or so and then all 40 will be done :)

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am

Yesterday I got about 3/4s of the drybrushing done on the boards. Here is what I have so far.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:23 am

Looking great so far!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 am

Just finished the last drybrush and going to finish the volcano this weekend.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 am

Sweet looking board so far!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm

I just stepped on an edge of one and took off about an inch of foam. Glued it back on and put some glued some sand. Once dry will repaint that bit, but argggg. It was on a joining edge. Guess that is what I get for sitting them on the garage floor to dry...

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 pm

I hate it when stuff like that happens, glad you could repair it! When I brought my bikes out to prime them, I dropped them 5 times in a row! I don't know what was going on with me, but I was mad at myself and had lots of gluing and reinforcing to do. Guess it did get me to pin everything 8P
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Got the yellow layer of the lava rivers done today and the orange and red drybrush on one. Oh and here is the glued back corner. I put arrows where the break was. Then resanded the part where the sand came off. I hope I can match it back up.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Got the orange drybrush done to the lava rivers and terrain peices.

Nappen

Re: Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013)

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Next layer of drybrushing on the lava river done :)

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Nappen's #weekly (sometimes daily) paint (2013)

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

it looks nice and the break isn't really that noticeable
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII