Charles' #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Charles' #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm

well, the weekend was a good one, both for painting and life-wise, as I celebrated my first wedding anniversary as well as having completed assembling the first 1850 points of my CSMs.

Im hoping to get some army shots up soon, but for now, here is Typhus, mostly done, just some more highlighting to do:

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Congrats on both counts!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Congrats on all the things, if i had champagne id send it to yah, and a good looking Typhus, i usually dont like the model, but the sepia brown/green is cool :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks guys! Im thankful that my wife is accepting about my Plastic addiction... don't know what i would have done otherwise... withdrawl maybe? haha

Thanks! I went a little heavier on the sepia with Typhus but like the look better... im hoping to get him finished up tonight.
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Well yesterday was a good day for painting, as I painted up a few Goblins and got some more primed, as well as primed some spiders and did a couple test models for them.

Goblins - WIP
Spiders - WIP

And just for fun, army shot of my CSM army:

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 pm

NOT ENOUGH NURGLE ZOMBIES!!!! xD just kidding man, loving the army, really wanna see some work on those bikers :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:19 pm

I need to tie up my armies loose ends so I can take a nice looking group shot like this!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Actually, i cut out 14 zombies from my list... mainly because i couldn't find 5 and my fluff OCD was bothered that they wernt either 21 or 28... so i dropped 2 units to 21 and added havok launchers to the rhinos!

im hoping to get some work on the bikes done after i finish this month's deathmatches... might even leave them for the next deathmatch, but i doubt i can wait that long!

Cant wait to see an army pic from you dez, especially with your bike conversions, which are awesome!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:12 pm

I love the Havoc Launcher, good stuff to cut points for!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 am

nothing like a twin-liked blast!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 am

I like the goblins, they almost make me want to start a fantasy army.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:28 am

Nappen wrote:I like the goblins, they almost make me want to start a fantasy army.
Right? I LOVE painting those Night Goblins! Of course I've probably cycled Orcs & Goblins out at least 4 times, just like Skaven. Build, Paint, Sell, Repeat. Same thing with Skaven.

Fantasy is a great system, probably my favorite. It's a shame that I don't get to play it often, I recommend it.

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I have to agree Dez, I really like fantasy, and having just got back into it have been wondering why I left it...
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 pm

ive played like 3 games of fantasy, and my army is at this point kinda sided, no one here plays it and i think i like the fluff for 40k better, idk, :/ maybe ill play it more soon
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Maybe I will look into getting a rulebook-anyone have one?