Charles' #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Charles' #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 am

I'm definitely enjoying these Charles, keep it up!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am

I really like the scheme on your PM's, the red gun casings and blue plasma really make it pop.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks guys!

I did a bit of work this weekend, finished the wings on the heldrake, now have to get up the motivation to do the body. Did some work on my X'Lanthos that came, and right now am waiting for some ebay orders to come in with the rest of my CSM army.

Ill post some more pics this week.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Well, here is some of my recent work. Ive been picking up random things around the table, just so I can avoid painting the Heldrake's body... the wings were frustrating enough as it is, so i figured I needed a break.

Anyways, heres the pics:

X'Lanthos Commander:
Very WIP, and a bad picture at that. Took it in a hurry, also, its farther along now than when the pic was taken. Ill try and update this weekend:

Completed Lord:

Completed Zombies:
Painted up these 5 for a Deathmatch. I have 33 more to paint and then i will be finished all 99... it would have been a full 100 but i ended up using one for an objective marker:

DE Ravager:
And finally my very WIP DE Ravager, one of 2:

Anyways, thats it for now. As awlays, C&C is welcome!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Looking good, I'd like to see what the back of The Lord looks like,

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:56 am

Here is the back of the lord:

Not much done painting-wise this weekend, however, Typhus just arrived so I hope to get a good start on him tonight.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:35 am

Man, I do not know what to say. I love your smooth colours and your awesome bases, my hat is off to you.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nusphigor
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Nusphigor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:27 pm

O.O
Those plagues are awesome!
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks guys! :)

Well, I sat down last night and was able to get some work done on converting the next unit in my CSM army; Chosen. Im planning on running them with 4x melta guns and here they are:

have to do some GS work on htem, fill in some cracks and whatnot, but they are almost ready. im going to be making 2 more for this unit to bring them to 7, just to make it fluffy, and I should have enough left over to make some into plague marines.

And as a side thought, the infernus pistol out of the Death Company or Sanguinary Guard kit, comes in very handy when converting!

Let me know what you think,

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 pm

They look good, you should do some head swaps and greenstuff to set them apart.

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks! I was thinking about doing something to make them more unique... im going to dive into my bitz-box tonight and see what I can come up with. might even swap out the backpacks too...
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Well, last night saw a fair amount of work done on my CSMs, mainly Typhus and my Chosen squad. I was going to try and add some variance to my melta-chosen, but i had aready glued them and didn't want to screw up the details attempting to hack off the heads, so I left them. Instead, i converted the champion, and ended up getting them all primed and 5 of them are now basecoated and have the first layer on the armor. Anyways, heres the pics:

Chosen Champ before paint:

Chosen squad after paint:

And Typhus (i just finished the sepa wash when i took the picture, hence the gloss):

Let me know what you think, C&C is always appreciated!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm

pretty cool convert man, not as awesome as the plague marine one but i still love it, cant wait to see everything painted, even though ive never been a fan of the typhus model
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Well last night we lost power at the house for most of the night, so I didn't get a lot done, however, I did end up getting a little more work on typhus done as well as another plague marine champ converted.

Typhus:

Plague Marine Champ:

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 am

Well, no pics today, but I finally received my bikes, so hopefully it won't be too long before I get the conversions started and some bikers appear!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87