Wizard's Weekly Paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Wizard's Weekly Paint

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks guys!

Just a quick update on what I've been doing, haven't posted really anything, but in July I painted the majority of my son's IG army. After I was done with that I finally got back on my BA. Here are some pictures of the ratlings I finished up for the August DM and my predator tank. The pred is fully magnetized for the weapon options, next I'm going to add a dozer blade.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:29 am

Like the weathering on the vehicle :)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 am

Looks great, I concur on the weathering!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks guys, slowly but surely I'm getting used to the airbrush 8)
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

DaOrkyBitz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:10 pm

wizardv12222 wrote:Thanks guys, slowly but surely I'm getting used to the airbrush 8)
in your opinion is it worth getting? I'm considering getting an airbrush and i just want to know like what you spend and how much you use it. If you dont mind.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:05 pm

DaOrkyBitz wrote:
in your opinion is it worth getting? I'm considering getting an airbrush and i just want to know like what you spend and how much you use it. If you dont mind.
Well my folks bought me an airbrush and compressor as a "thank you" gift for helping them out with their rental property, so I didn't spend anything there, but I did pick up a badger patriot 105 from amazon when they had it for half price. I love that brush, over the paasche vl3, just more comfortable .

I started using it just for basecoating, but now that I am getting more comfortable with it, I have started using it for shading. (the ratling in a cloak's cloak was all airbrush) I am working on Orks for an escalation league and I used the airbrush to do all of the green skin and shading.

So I'm starting to use it more, but still want to use my standard brushes for any detail, or highlighting.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

DaOrkyBitz
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:08 pm

wizardv12222 wrote:
DaOrkyBitz wrote:
Well my folks bought me an airbrush and compressor as a "thank you" gift for helping them out with their rental property, so I didn't spend anything there, but I did pick up a badger patriot 105 from amazon when they had it for half price. I love that brush, over the paasche vl3, just more comfortable .

I started using it just for basecoating, but now that I am getting more comfortable with it, I have started using it for shading. (the ratling in a cloak's cloak was all airbrush) I am working on Orks for an escalation league and I used the airbrush to do all of the green skin and shading.

So I'm starting to use it more, but still want to use my standard brushes for any detail, or highlighting.

you should do a vid on how you do it. It'd be cool to see.

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Ratlings are great! I love how smooth that rhino looks, and the weathering. You may want to go back and stipple another lighter color over it to break it up.
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Quick update, I've been slowly working on my ork horde, taking way longer than I expected, but that's orks for you :wink:

I decided my "looted raven" that I used as a looted wagon in 5th, will now be a burna bommer for 6th, so I've been working on its conversion, just about done just need to do another 100 or so rivets :x

Also, needed to get my terrain "fix" so I jumped into the group build this month and made a set of gallows for malifaux. More pics are in the GB50 section.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Looks great!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 am

The terrain looks great, and I like where the Burna-Bomma is headed. I think it needs a few more plates where the engines are, and lots of battle damage. It's too clean still :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Actually that is exactly what I was thinking while I was gluing on rivets, "needs more plates"
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Finished assembling my Orc and Undead armies for Kings of War, and made "trays" for them, started the work on my "good" army

Lots and lots of painting in my future apparently.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 pm

That is a lot of skeletons :)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 am

Nappen wrote:That is a lot of skeletons :)
I think that should be mantic's tagline lol
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves