Wizard's Weekly Paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Wizard's Weekly Paint

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am

Looking good! Been having a hankerin' to bust out my airbrush again too.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Well had to take a week off of painting, had a couple of computer repair jobs to do and I have to use my "craft" desk to do that :(

But I'm back and painted some more on my droppod, and picked up a couple of sets of thunderwolves for my wife's army, they look like they are going to be fun to paint!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Been lazy for a while and didn't upload any updates. Here are some of the projects I've been working on.

painted up a couple of "junk" pile terrain

Decided to start Malifaux, and since the model count is low, wanted to give them some resin bases, so here are the bases for my Lady Justice starter set

Finally today I started working on the Death Marshal's, got their coats painted.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 am

Looking good! Malifaux is a great game, you'll have fun.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks Dez!

I've played a few games so far and I like the feel of Malifaux.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Xaz » Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am

I love the looks of the Malifaux models. Noone around here really plays it though. Sadface and whatnot.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed May 01, 2013 7:41 pm

It is all looking good!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Xaz wrote:I love the looks of the Malifaux models. Noone around here really plays it though. Sadface and whatnot.
I have no LGS near me, so I pretty much buy whatever game I want to play (army for me and one for my boy) and then encourage all my gaming buddies to buy it too ;)
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Finally finished up my assault marines. Thought I would throw some pictures up, what do you guys think?

Squad 1

Squad 2
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Looks pretty darn good.

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 am

Nappen wrote:Looks pretty darn good.
This
Also good to have you back!
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:04 am

I like them, but I think the painted bases take away from the models in this case (red). I suggest going with black.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:11 pm

easycompany wrote:
Nappen wrote:Looks pretty darn good.
This
Also good to have you back!
Oh, I've been here lurking the whole time :)
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

DaOrkyBitz
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am

liking the blood angels work so far! Very cool :]

miguel77
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by miguel77 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:57 am

Love the terrain looking really good !