Wizard's Weekly Paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Wizard's Weekly Paint

Post by wizardv12222 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Well tonight I painted on my GB41 project. Since Nappen is going to win :P I decided to try something new and used my new airbrush to do the main painting and then tried to do a rust technique.

I'll probably have better pictures after all the paint is complete, but here is the quick picture I took.

Oh and in other news, I have made it through January painting every week! I guess that makes my score 5!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 am

Nice work, how did you do the rust?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 am

Very cool. What is that a part to?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nusphigor
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 am

that looks really cool :D
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm

that rust looks really good!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 pm

@Dez used a piece of foam scrap from my miniatures case. Used Brown, then a small bit of red, then a tiny tiny bit of orange.

@Lady_Soria it is (currently) an exhaust from an underground factory, or something like that. But I may build a factory ruins and put this on top.

@Nusphigor and Sarhastik, glad you guys like it!

After I get the build done, I'll get some more pictures of different angles.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Finished painting a death company marine with thunder hammer and a Sang Priest for my weekly pledge. I may throw up some better pictures tomorrow, didn't want to dig out my lights.

I think my next project will need to be some terrain, I have started a couple of junk piles for my ork industrial terrain, I'll probably do some work on them next.

Oh, and Andi here is a picture of my "puppy"
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:31 pm

I think we need a puppy pic thread.

I love the rust on the fan.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 am

There was one in the Off topic forum.

That is an intense close up. O_O
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 am

Well didn't do any painting this week, but I did assemble my son's new member of his army.

Tonight after watching terrainaholics vids I felt the terrain bug so I decided to work on a couple of junk piles (area terrain)
Here is a WIP, any thoughts?
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:00 am

Thank tank looks scary. In a good way.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:22 pm

Just reminds me that I need to work on terrain...and a million other things ;) Looks great!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Well didn't do a bunch this week, but did paint some on my drop pod, and aegis shields and did some work on my junk piles.

Might do some more this weekend, if I do I'll upload some pics
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Decided to bring out the airbrush and work on my shield wall again today, here is a pic of what I got so far on it.

And here is a pic of my drop pod which is very WIP at the moment.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Did some more painting on my drop pod this week.

Need to get started on this month's Group Build.. need to find some junk that will go together.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves