Wizard's Weekly Paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Wizard's Weekly Paint

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Ok, following the duck, I'm moving to a weekly update and this year I'm trying to get something painted or touched with paint almost every week.

To start off, here are pics of my finished land raider, done in a good tabletop quality.

And as it is magnetized here is a pic with the hurricane bolters.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Wizard's Weekly Paint

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Looks nice I Love the Fact you magnetized the guns!
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

That is looking awesome :D Painting a Tank is a super good start of the year
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Decided to work on my second batch of minis, so guess I'm getting a jump on week 2? I have a 70% painted furioso that I decided needed to be finished and I have to say... wow, my painting must have improved, because I want to strip that dude down to nothing and start from scratch....

But I'm going to see if I can do enough detail work to bring it up the same standard as the LR I just finished.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 am

Landraider looks great! Cant wait to see more!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 pm

wizardv12222 wrote:Decided to work on my second batch of minis, so guess I'm getting a jump on week 2? I have a 70% painted furioso that I decided needed to be finished and I have to say... wow, my painting must have improved, because I want to strip that dude down to nothing and start from scratch....

But I'm going to see if I can do enough detail work to bring it up the same standard as the LR I just finished.
That is a good feeling. I love seeing improvement, it makes me want to paint that much more
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Well I battled through it and did a bunch of touch ups (more than I was expecting)

here is a quick pic while it is drying. This is my BA furioso that is fully magnetized.

Dante is there also, because I had to do an arm replacement on him after he tried to land on my basement floor and went in many many pieces :(

I'll take some better pics later after the paint has had some more time to dry.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 pm

As promised here are some better pictures of the furioso with all his parts.

D. company dread, with blood talons. melta and storm bolter

Furioso, front but same weapons as before

Furioso, with magna-grapple, blood fists, and flamer

Furioso with frag cannon

And finally Libby Dred

And I'm done painting now until next weekend when I can make a run to get new brushes, 1.5 hour drive to the nearest hobby store :(
So next week will probably work on this month's terrain group build.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 am

Looks great! Really like the magnetization.. how long did that take?
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Worked on some terrain this week, so far built the build for the group build 41. Don't want to double post so head over there for pictures. I did get some new brushes, but today I feel like terrain, so I'll probably do some more of it. Must be Terrainaholic's build-a-thon he is doing this weekend.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am

Feel free to post your stuff from other threads in here, or at least a link ;)

Great work so far, love the magnetization. I have a bad track record with it, for instance I magnetized both my Nurgle and Death Guard Dread...with opposite polarization. So much for weapon swaps!

The details on your paint look great, but the big planes of red could use some definition. The easier thing is just a watered down wash, be careful how you spread it with your brush so it doesn't leave streaks.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks for the tip Dez, vehicles are not my strong suit, mainly for the large open areas, I think with the next one I paint I'll try some different washes and see what works.

On the magnetization, in order to keep the polarization straight I have a little piece of straight scrap sprue that I have a magnet glued on each end (one for each pole obviously), that little tool has saved my bacon many times ;)

This week decided my painting part of the hobby is to paint on Lemartes, a death company guy and a sang priest, here is a pic after priming and a base coat on lemartes.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:06 pm

did some more painting tonight on my trio, and started to touch up on my storm raven base. The first one I did fell apart, let that be a lesson, never get clear tacky glue, doesn't bond well to plastic!

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Well I finished the week by finishing up Lemartes. The base needs work, but I'm holding off on it until I can decide how I want to do it.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Nusphigor
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Nusphigor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 pm

really cool mate :D
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”