Andi's #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Andi's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Smartah » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Quick painting update! With the puppyt being here, my focus has been on him and not painting. Tonight that changes. I have been prepping the eldrad I plan to paint for the deathmatch. I stripped him with easy off, and tonight I am planning on gluing his arm and greenstuffing that, and rebasing him. You see, his previous owner did a horrid job of pinning the arm, and when it didn't fit right he cut off some of the metal on his arm. I need to fix this because I just cant afford another eldrad :P While he is drying, I am going to work on my farseer's helmet and maybe even some fire dragons.

Puppy update! Django is doing great. He's starting to realize that hey, these people are my family now! He's been looking for a lot of snuggles and kisses, and I have also been blamed for spoiling him already because he constantly wants to get up on the couch with us. We let him. :P Jorja, my older and most favorite dog is still pretty miffed that this short haired, snoutless, tailless, chubber bun interloper has taken some of her attention away from her and annoys the crap out of her every chance he gets. She still gets a ton of loving and cuddles, and she is slowly getting used to Django being here. You can see her thinking "Ugh, I'm too old for this crap."
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Our puppy loves the couch with kids and just started sleeping with the 9 year old. He is in puppy heaven.

Can't wait to see the new eldar :)

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 am

Well I actually got a little painting done yesterday. The orange on the fire dragons is done. I brought them to work today, maybe I can get some things done if it's not too busy. I also gave one of my ogres to my boyfriend's 4 year old daughter so she could paint. It was a lot of fun and her work of art is now in my display case. I will take pictures later.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:54 am

Can't wait to see!

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 am

I can't wait to take pics. Yesterday I worked later for inventory, and had a sick puppy to take care of. I got about 4 hours sleep and now it seems like my guy is sick too. I'm stuck at work again, and because of the holiday, I don't think it'll be super busy. So I brought my paints again, lets see if I actually get anything painted :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:06 am

Good luck Andi! ... And sorry about everybody being sick. :(
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nusphigor
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Nusphigor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Pics!!!
You made me start my own thread in here, shame on you! XD
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 am

yay a new thread! So things have been crazy around here. Not only do we have an 11 week old puppy, we have another puppy. The breeder said she was 7 weeks old, but she was no where near that, she was most likely 4.5-5 weeks old. Her name is Deja and Django loves her.

And 4 year old painted Ogre

ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm

awwwww, such a cute puppy! they both are!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

So cute, I love it.
With apologies for posting a pic on your thread, but here is our new puppy.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:12 pm

My mom has shih tzu too! White and tans. They are way cute, but dang they have to be the dumbest breed out there
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Nah, this is our second and they are super smart...only matched by how stubborn they are :)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm

So.. many.. cute puppies!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:23 am

But do not for get the cute ogre!