Andi's #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Andi's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 am

That is a very cute Orge... who looks like he's been eating Eldar. :D
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Bwahahaha
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 am

Frustration has been ruling my life for the past few weeks, so I haven't been getting as much done as I'd like. I need to force myself to take a breath and sit down to paint :P

This month I have 3 minis on the schedule. A Shadowseer, Death Jester and a fire prism. The goal is to get the clowns done at 100% and the fire prism done to about 90%, meaning that it looks finished, but there isn't anything super special about it. (IE no crazy freehand or special effects). I need to get it done to a nice level by the end of the month for another competition, but I don't want to stress myself out about super fine detail. So expect a blended and checkered tank, but nothing on the top of it except blending. I figure I will add the details later when I don't feel like stabbing people in the eye with my exacto.

The order of difficulty:
1. Shadowseer
2. Fire Prism
3. Death Jester

I will probably be painting them in this order:
1. Fire Prism (just to get the bigness out of the way)
2. Shadowseer (to get the hardest out of the way)
3. Death Jester (so I can have fun at the end)
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Relax, enjoy. Painting is soothing...please don't exacto me...I need my eyes :)

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Puppy photo bomb!

ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 pm

You need to be worried what is being whispered in that puppy ear...

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 am

Andi, get back here! :P
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 am

Mike! I packed my stuff away already. Work and puppies and all that jazz is taking me away from painting too much, and looking at what needs to be painted is giving me stress, so I packed it away. I'll be back, I just need to take a forced break :(
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Fair enough :) You know where to find me if you want to vent about any of the above. We likely are overdue for some catching up.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Well, my favorite game might be making a comeback! So I decided to start painting again. I gotta get the rust out so I figure these minis would be the best to start on. Just a WiP for now. More pics later!

ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Wow she's back 0.o
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Yeah! She's back.

The mini looks good. like the blending on the cloth.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm backish! Lots of things have happened since I've been gone, most notably.... I'm gonna be a mommy!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Yah, that was a Facebook announcement that screamed "no painting until further notice"
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Pretty Much! 15 Weeks To Go!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar