What is #theweeklypaint?

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

What is #theweeklypaint?

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 am

In 2012, I made myself a very big New Year's Resolution for 2012 - Paint Something Every Day.

That turned out to be a huge mistake. After a few months of trying to keep up that pace, I simply burned out on painting completely, and didn't even pick up a brush for several months.

The painting bug has bitten me again, so I've revised this goal for 2013 - Paint Something Every Week. I hope that other people feel that this goal is much easier to stick with as well, and we can get more painters in the community involved :)

To help keep track of this, I'm Tweeting updates with hashtag #theweeklypaint.

I'm inviting anyone who's interested and has a similar goal this year to join in, use the same hashtag or start your own thread, and get some models painted.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

redfox4242
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Re: What is #theweeklypaint?

Post by redfox4242 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:00 pm

I think this is a spectacular idea! I will be busily churning out my Quickshade dipped minis and I expect I will thoroughly enjoy tweeting to #theweeklypaint . Best wishes to you all you miniwargaming peoples.
"Friends don't let friends paint over mold lines."
Read my blog on Mantic Games company forums: Redfox4242 - Blog.
Here is my YouTube channel.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Hmmm.... do i continue my daily paint with small updates or move to the weekly paint with large updates.... or maybe do a weekly where i post every few days just cuz I like to get some critique whilst i work
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:Hmmm.... do i continue my daily paint with small updates or move to the weekly paint with large updates.... or maybe do a weekly where i post every few days just cuz I like to get some critique whilst i work
However you do it Ocean we will all eagerly await the eye candy that is your minis.

Personally I will be switching over to weekly updates... while I visit the forums everyday, I would rather post picture updates once a week... but then again I am a slacker.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Hmm I may get in on a weeklypaint.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:Hmmm.... do i continue my daily paint with small updates or move to the weekly paint with large updates.... or maybe do a weekly where i post every few days just cuz I like to get some critique whilst i work
I like the last option, and that's really what I'm doing myself. Think I'm tweeting out about 3 updates a week right now :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 am

Weekly Paint?? :D I'm so in
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 am

Yes, Daily was a bit too much and I burnt out myself ;) I like this weekly paint business.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!