Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Dat power weapon... I'm thinking of turning Butcher's Lola into that, but I tried doing it with inks with a test model, and I failed miserably. Any tips?.
Last edited by ArqArturo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm

See? Everything is better when you simply do as I tell you. Let this be a lesson to you all! Ha! Can't wait to see the next one!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm

lol, yah yah yah hound, whatever helps yah xD and if ur gonna do this effect you gotta use paint, if u wanna keep the metal look of well... an axe u can use a mix of ink and paint to create a lightning effect on the blade.

For the next few days I'm working with a friends move and the band so I wont be doing anything with paint, sucks, but then the holidays has me at home doing nothing.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:20 pm

I think I know what you mean about the metallic effect. I think the result was pretty considering my first power weapon paint with my test model was a huge flop.

And, honestly, happy holidays, and spend them well :).
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Working on building a Chaos/SM force around the puppeteer, buying some bits on Ebay for the command squad, absolutely loving the idea of this right now and itll be funded probly by me selling more of my chaos
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Khorne lord about done, next up tzeentch lord (my least favorite) then the plague lord
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:21 pm

This is what i've gotten done now, gonna take a bit of a break, might finish him up later...

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Woke up a little late, did my house work and then made some home made mac'n'cheese for the house... now I'm probably going to hang and paint some chaosy goodness while I wait eagerly for my bits from ebay to arrive on friday :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Yipeee, me loves bitsies, my precious little bitsies...

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:
ArqArturo wrote: the old pale and bright white of death guard horrify me cuz its just an excuse to not paint things clean when u do a heresy death guard force...
Hey I put several blended layers into my Death Guard armor! I also like Pre-Heresy Red Tzeentch better 8P
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:50 am

Dez wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:
ArqArturo wrote: the old pale and bright white of death guard horrify me cuz its just an excuse to not paint things clean when u do a heresy death guard force...
Hey I put several blended layers into my Death Guard armor! I also like Pre-Heresy Red Tzeentch better 8P
Well, that was a weird quote XD.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:56 am

Dez wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:
lol, go to B&CS and look at theirs, I like yours cuz its just clean enough to be nurgle and yet not a mess.
Nappen wrote:Yipeee, me loves bitsies, my precious little bitsies...
I am thinking of just bits ordering stuff I might need in the future like I did with sanguinary guard legs and stuff cuz I am using them now and making 400% on em
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:59 pm

On the dawn of college I have gotten a surface pro tablet pc which is kinda awesome, itll help me run the business and do my homework while I'm out of the house :D

though not on topic I thought this was cool enough to post
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:36 pm

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:49 am

You are too darn good with blues. Also that wrapping on the staff is AMAZING!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!