Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:41 pm

Chaos Lords, one for each god, And I love them all
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I feel the horns are too grey, so I probly will just cover the highlights and make sure they look black
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:39 pm

No no no! You are going the wrong way if you want to darken it. This is slaanesh! Paint it gold, or bronze, or silver. Match the sword hilt, horns, shoulders, and claw accents. Pick something bright for the cloth. Would that green on the sword work on the claws? Brighten those highlights! Make it look like it wants to be seen!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:16 am

TheHoundmaster wrote:No no no! You are going the wrong way if you want to darken it. This is slaanesh! Paint it gold, or bronze, or silver. Match the sword hilt, horns, shoulders, and claw accents. Pick something bright for the cloth. Would that green on the sword work on the claws? Brighten those highlights! Make it look like it wants to be seen!
lol, i'm not darkening the whole model, just the horns, though I do need to probly add some more colour to the hand. But as for the cloth and such I wanted to do a post fall but pre heresy colour so I replaced what would be white with black and I feel it came out good, though i'll look into some more shading or something on the armour cuz the highlights could be a bit stronger
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:14 am

TheHoundmaster wrote:No no no! You are going the wrong way if you want to darken it. This is slaanesh! Paint it gold, or bronze, or silver. Match the sword hilt, horns, shoulders, and claw accents. Pick something bright for the cloth. Would that green on the sword work on the claws? Brighten those highlights! Make it look like it wants to be seen!
i agreee do this !!!
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 pm

So, basically paint him in bright, loud electric colors?.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 pm

No, it doesn't have to be bright electrics, just brighter! More opulent, more bold, more flash. More slaanesh!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:21 pm

And this is why I don't like Slaanesh armies (not actually hating on the style, tho): I like my colors toned down, and my enemies squished in a fine paste :p.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:26 pm

ArqArturo wrote:And this is why I don't like Slaanesh armies (not actually hating on the style, tho): I like my colors toned down, and my enemies squished in a fine paste :p.
For me it depends... I like pre-heresy slaanesh, but post heresy EVERYTHING ELSE. cuz the bright red and blue of khorne and tzeentch I enjoy.... the old pale and bright white of death guard horrify me cuz its just an excuse to not paint things clean when u do a heresy death guard force... though I like pre heresy emperor's kids and they are a medium toned purple and bright gold;

sooooo I am making them a little less saturated in purple, and a few changes in the scheme, and adding a lot of green... though I did do more work to the puppetmaster and will ask for ur comments;

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 pm

The loincloth desperately needs some leopard spots like the ones on his left leg. Right now the black sort of dissappears into the purple.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:27 pm

leopard print loincloth for sure.
and the green claw looks great.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:00 pm

not leopard spots, scrolling that gets hidden by the sword and i refuse all forms of animal print (I dislike it in real life oh so much) and I really dont wanna do a different colour for the loin cloth cuz the only other one I can think of is a bone or white... if yall have an idea other than those 2 that would work tell me now and i'll weigh the options

EDIT: I am adding some yellow gilding on the loin cloth, pics will come later, looking sick atm imo
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:21 pm

little shaky, and on his base, and varnished, I honestly want to stop adding cuz I like how this looks.

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:32 am

MOAR LEOPARD SPOTS!

Srsly looks great now with the gilding, move on to the next one!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:35 am

Yah, I'm moving onto the khorne lord with axe and claw
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!