Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:17 pm

im too busy organizing everything to picture
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:39 pm

bad quality pic of the test of the temple guard for ebay;

hope yall enjoy
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:05 pm

That is a really cool-looking lizard warrior. Although, I would've painted him more... Flowery. With more vivid colors, but then again, my minis have dark colours (save for my Menite figures) :p.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:11 pm

ArqArturo wrote:That is a really cool-looking lizard warrior. Although, I would've painted him more... Flowery. With more vivid colors, but then again, my minis have dark colours (save for my Menite figures) :p.
i personally liked the idea more of the heretical aztecs than the glorified ones, so I went more mid tone colors than the bright or the REAL dark
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:40 am

Ahh, I see. Well, I meant bright colours in the sense that some reptiles have really bright colours, but I see your point on the midtones.

I've been working on some merc warjacks, and I hope that by the end of the year I get some stuff to get my Rhulic army going, but not before getting some Khador and Menoth staples.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:02 am

I sold off my menoth a long time ago tbh and my khador are covered in dust
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:11 am

Regaining speed in 40k? I've been meaning to start collecting space marines, but I only know of just one guy that has 40k, and he rarelly plays since this town is more of a MtG-playing community than a miniwargaming community (except for the few crazies that play Warmahordes, myself amongst them), mostly out of the mecha-looking centurions, and I like the Minotaurs faction.

I do know of some people that play Warhammer Fantasy, since I know a guy that has Halflings (He's the one that gave me the two Squig Riders I use as Wardog/Reindholt proxies :p.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 am

I'm not really into either right now, its a business now so I sell what's popular most, and crazy Ppl really want per painted 40k, tho I've debated selling my arc generator from my scyrah so I can get a new one... paint on it is junk... and I like how the Hyperion is coming out so I wanna do it like that
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

TheTemplar
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by TheTemplar » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 am

Really dig the temple guard, the blood on the maul/staff is a really nice touch.
Black Templars - 3000+ points
Owned
[||||||||||]
Assembled
[||||||||||]
Painted
[||||||||||]

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 am

HELLO MINIWARGAMING FORUMS!!

I have been gone a little while because I have been busy in the real world, like that is even remotely a good excuse.... along with a never ending habit for video games and maybe a bit of a personal life (for once)

I AM ALIVE!!!

But I am back to work, starting with Temple Guard from the lizards (along with..... 50 OOP lizard models.... 20 of which are the old warriors which are.... ugly as sin.... CHEAP SALE!!) and Dark Angels (Hound be proud, he will have a good christmas this year) along with selling off some of my Warmahordes models, mainly "well" painted Retribution of Scyrah and soon a custom Legion of Everblight battle group.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?

Now that I am working again expect my normal dumb chit chat on here along with shaky pics and late night rambles.

Hope everyone this side of the border had a good thanksgiving holiday and everyone... everywhere else had a good week of normal life.

BOOM! ENDING SCENE!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:01 am

Haha that's your best post yet ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 am

*does a happy dance!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:34 pm

UPDATEEEE!!!!!!

First 5 of my templeguard for sale, painted up to a good table standard (atleast to my preerences). Gotta get the last 5 done before posting the whole 3 piece lot on eBay for decent prices all around.

I'm gonna paint him up as a black legion plague lord, which means probably some more building work.

Next DA model I am gonna paint up, Asmodai, for Hound.

This is where I left the librarian before taking my hiatus... Coming out good
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:17 am

EDIT: Asmodai is almost done at this point, hard to figure out a good colour scheme whilst missing 1 of the colours and making him unique.... I think I did it though
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:42 am

It's......mine? All mine? The precious!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!