Balangaz's #TheDailyPaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: Balangaz's #TheDailyPaint

Post by balangaz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 am

not dead, just had tests. Converted more of the warboss and finishing a dakka jet, painted 4 more boys and did a little job on my second thunderwolf werewolf cavalry. No pics as I lost my memory card
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 pm

finished my first dakka jet. Well, kinda, sice I have to one to pilot him, but that should still work...
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Well, it been a while,but I have to say this month was one of the most productive I've ever had, painting-wise!

While I wait for my orders to arrive, I've converted a second battlewagon from a Leman Russ to look like a ship, built a third one from a KV-1, built a second killa kan, built and painted two grot tanks to be used as big gunz and painted a converted Logan grimnar. Long month so far!

I'll post the grot tanks as they are the latest models I done, the grot tanks. I just got so excited with the "grot wars" mini game I had to make some!

The two tanks:

Close up on the "newbie" tank:

Tank 1 detail:

Tank 2:

This grot knows how important it is to see where he is going!

Beakies tank killed:

scale picture with a boy:

sorry if my english was bad today, I'm homesick and not really at my best

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Now that my new bits have finally arrived (almost 4 weeks waiting) I can start to pump out new projects again. So, this week painting pledge will be:

- Paint and base my new Warboss
- Paint a second Killa Kan
- Convert and paint a Third Killa Kan

I just goso excited with my new warboss I had to take a picture when I "finished" assembling him even though the lighting in here is utter crap. I just couldn't finish because I have to dremmel a hole for magnets and it's late here (near 2am) and I'm out of super glue...

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:02 am

Lousy internet provider's making me abstain from logging in. Failed my pledge as I couldn't paint my second killa kan nor build a third, but my warboss is all painted up and with his new resin base, but as I will enter him in a contest I can't post pics of him until February 14th.

Now, let's think about next week

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Had people come here to work on my wi-fi so now I have (real) internet again. Also, took the time I was away to build me a lightbox as I was in desperate need of one.

So, today, I took pictures again of my SW army for my local forum and of my Goff Warboss, "Da boss of bosses". Here is what he looks like about 85% done. Still need some tin bitz, eyes, rust washes, etc.

I want to enter him in a contest, so I wanted some input from you guys on what I should work on him. You name it, and if you guys need more close-ups now I can deliver them! Even if you don't usually reply I'd like you to give me some helpon this, please.

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Now that I've already submitted the images, I can post my warboss finally!

Nusphigor
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

those are really cool!
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am

Managed to get a cut worthy of 4 stiches on the palm of my left hand tuesday trying to carve out parts of a valkirye. Only flesh and fat were cut, my tendons are ok, but I can't use it until sunday at least.

but since I paint with my right hand, and that helping hand thing exists, I managed to get a Nob painted up and 3 others primed and ready. Unfortunately I can't finish my looted valkirye because I can't cut rivets with only one hand...

Ork Nob w/ power klaw, waaagh banner and bosspole.

front of the banner is indeed ulgy but I'llcover it up later with choppy bits.

I wanted to try a freehand on both sides but I thought it was best totry it later, so or now only colored flags on him.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am

I like it :)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:10 am

Your stuff looks great, sorry to hear about your hand. Micheal's sells a hole punch by Martha Stuart for about $5, best rivet maker I've ever owned. That way you really only need one hand and a sheet of plasticard, great to do while watching TV or wotnot ;)

PS Bad Moonz is da only PROPPA clan ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks guys, good to know people like my models hahaha

My wounds are kinda healed, and I finished converting my looted valkyrie. It has maybe a little too much weapons on it but grots need to compensate a little bit. Also painted 3 more nobs to have at least a playable unit. I'll try to paint the looted by tomorrow.

I'll post pics later.

Dez, my smelly goffs can take any showy git anytime! Goffs is supa proppa!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 am

Hur hur we'll see if yer still saying that on the wrong end of a Snazzgun!

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 am

This was conversion week for me. Did another dakka jet from a F4U Corsair, a Warboss on bike using a Ramshackle games bike, 7 lootas with warpath machine guns and finally converted an enormous Big Mek so my grot tanks can be chosen as Elites.

Next week is Carnaval here, so I doubt I'll have time to paint, but sure I will try.

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Pfft, enjoy Carnaval!