Balangaz's #TheDailyPaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Balangaz's #TheDailyPaint

Post by balangaz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:34 pm

This is the incentive I belive I need. In the brazilian forum we have a "paint a slot a month", maybe a troops choice or an HQ but we haven't had anything for quite a while.

I'll start with this a piece then. I finished the konversion work yesterday and today I primed and painted a Goff Looted wagon w/ boom gun. As I prefer a more 'realistic' battle damage, from afar it looks like it's painting is holding on but when you get close you can see all the chip and wear, like on pic 2.

If you think something is missing, rivets, battle damage or charisma on the pieces I post, please be my gest and help me improve.

Tomorrow, I'll try to have this painted, a kustom killa kan with rokkit launcha - but w/o a DCCW, as I couldn't build one...

Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Balangaz's #TheDailyPaint

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:47 pm

I think the tank might need a bit of battle damage, like some scratched up paint, but other then that it looks awesome!

And welcome abroad!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 am

EDIT: Not sure why my pics are so large if I resized them on photobucket...

Killa kan done. Tried to rust it w/o pigments, only washes, and it doesn't really show...

I'll revisit the tank once I get some plastic rods to make rivets out off. I'll try also to hurt the killa kan a little bit more as well. Onto Space Wolves then.

Basecoated my first drop pod and decided that I really can't paint vehicles...

and finally, did some face paint on my finished space wolves, to get them a little more fierce.

Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 am

Forgot to post yesterday, so double #dailypaint post today. Think I solved the pic size problem, so clicky click to enlarge them.

First, finished the colors on my drop pod, with highlights and shadows. Only need now to battle damage it, but it's looking ok so far. The second pic was to show that there really is color differentiation on the pod doors.

Also, painted the 3rd place trophy we'll be awarding on our next tournement, it's an old Inquisitor Space Marine miniature. Bronze was gold paint mized with pigments.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 pm

can i ask whats with the clear bases? just kinda confuzzled me since i like to do basing for my minis
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:can i ask whats with the clear bases? just kinda confuzzled me since i like to do basing for my minis
My SW army will have clear acrylic bases while my orks and GK have resin ones. I like to base models too but I find it strange overall to have a grass base when one is fighting over a city board, or something like that.

The clear bases also display the model much better, not with the diorama-like point of view like we all do when creating elaborate bases, making it the only piece where to look at. Also, they look like little people on the battlefield lol.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Makes sense, carry on, cant wait to see what you come up with
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:24 am

Got sick over the weekend so got very little painting done, but finished an objective marker for my SW and got a little bit more work on my future ork warboss.

Spoils of war

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 am

I like the objective marker. Very cool.

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 am

Started painting a battlewagon I finished converting this weekend. Now I'm seeing that I really need ork bits...

back view

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Ok, time to step up the game, it's not just because they are orks that they deserve no love. Decided to break open my pigment box and weather the hell out of my tanks, since the sponge method simply does not wor on black-ish colors... did the same with the looted boomgun and the killa kan

Click on the thumbnails to enlarge.

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm

I like your SW alot, they remind me of the Celts with the Face Paint
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:28 pm

darkned1ight wrote:I like your SW alot, they remind me of the Celts with the Face Paint
thanks man, I was using braveheart's screen shots as reference, glad you liked them!

No painting today, started converting a dakka jet from a P-47D thunderbolt

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:08 am

Finished painting an ork boy a friend lent to me and I think I've found my true calling, even if picture taking isn't lol

Trying to set time aside every day to paint is kinda hard...

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Mega armoured warboss is starting to take shape. Ordered the bits and then it will be complete! You guys have no idea how hard it is for someone to give/sell bits around here...