Group Build 39: Halloween Voting thread.

Group Build 39

Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Nappen
54%
LeGandStefan
46%
$amtron
No votes

Total votes: 24

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Group Build 39: Halloween Voting thread.

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:50 pm

This month's theme: Halloween.

A Luna said to tell you "Happy Voting"

Nappen

LeGandStefan

$amtron

imperialork3
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Group Build 39: Halloween Voting thread.

Post by imperialork3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:50 am

these are all really good
my favourite was nappens though, the simplicity and detail really made it spectacular
"Someone who is smart learns from their mistakes, but the smarter man learns from the mistakes of others"

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Had to go with Nappen because I'm crazy about harlequins and I love the idea of the webway. LeGrandStefan, you had a very very nice piece of scenery however The colours just don't "pop" out at me as they did for nappen's. Great work to all three of you!!!
Eldar
Win:7
Draw:1
Loss:1
"Pain is temporary... Honor is forever"

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 am

Tough choices!!!!

I went with LeGandStefan, just for the size. Though it does look awesome. Looks like something Id like to make. The observitory is just awesome. I could picture my chaos sorc up there having a coffee.

$amtron was close for me though. It looks so awesome with all the blood and the blue/metal color of it.... reminds me of 28 days later or something.
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Sebell » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 pm

wish i could vote but i can only see stephans, the others pics are being blocked by corp firewall.
Raven Guard: 2000 and growing
Painting eyes are the bane of my existence.

I think she missed her calling, she should have been a sister of battle. - Avitus

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 am

Im impressed with Nappens glowing portal, very cool!

LGS, I really like the man made elements but the rock looks a little strange to me.

$amtron, makes me think of Mad Max Thunder dome, two men enter, one man leaves, but with extra blood!

SleepyPillow
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by SleepyPillow » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:47 am

I had one problem with LGS build, the blood effect just looks like what it is, red painting.

Nappen won for me!
Sleepy's #thedailypaint - R.I.P.
Sleepy's #theweeklypaint - coming soon™

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm

These builds are awesome!
The voting should really have been more divided IMO. That bloody cage by $amtron is fantastic too, it's just not getting any love because of the other two.
I'll hand you guys some feedback:

Nappen:
Like I said in your thread; some color difference on the stone would be great. Add some washes of green, blue, purple, ogryn flesh, etc. Try to reach some contrast there too. Also, the edge of the terrain nlooks odd, what is that? Some more vegetation would have been nice too.
BUT WOWOW, that portal is awesome. How he lights up the surroundings, the colors, the warp! WOW cool, freaking awesome.

LeGrandStefan:
Now that's a beautiful piece. I always enjoy your work, especially the Avatar table with the lighten up vegetation. But on topic; I think this piece is fantastic, but if you look closer, you can see so many small mistakes. For example; the side of the stairs is dull. The wood is a single color, the rocks aren't really very rock-like IMO. But to be able to create all that in a month. Applause good sir. Fantastic work.

$amtron:
I just love the rust effects and the colors you've used. The blood really pops and it's freaking horrifying!
As much as I like the blood effects, I also hate them. Maybe it's a bit overkill + too bright red. Maybe you could have used more colors of red, darker mostly, since it has been dried up or sucked up already. I really don't have anything to say about the cage. That is some great coloring there.

In the end, I voted for Nappen. I adore that portal. Them colours. :shock:
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

wanna993
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by wanna993 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 am

Voted for Nappen. The colors of the portal made it really pop out.
I think Luna has pointed out most of the things I think of the 3 pieces.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks to all for the kind comments. A Luna: points well taken as always. I learned a ton from this one.

LGS: Like I said in your thread....holy cow, I don't know how you do these projects. I love the lean of this one, makes it feel more haunted to me.

$amtron: I love yours, and I really love recycle builds. Really, the best part for me are the broken gates. It looks like something angry came through.

Return to “Group Build 39”