GB 39 $amtron's escape from captivity (complete) :)

$amtron
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

GB 39 $amtron's escape from captivity (complete) :)

Post by $amtron » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:12 am

as soon as i saw this pool filter lying around at work i knew exactly what i was going to do with it. because it was pretty much the perfect shape of a cage i had the idea that the imperial forces had found and captured some demon/alien and kept it to do tests on it but everything goes horribly wrong and it breaks free and kills the scientists and guards this is the progress so far so im thinking lots of blood and gore eventually to try and make it a little more halloween :)
Last edited by $amtron on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB 39 $amtron's escape from captivity

Post by Nappen » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 am

I like it, reminds me of "thunderdome" :D

kaot
Silver Vault Member

Post by kaot » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am

really nice, maybe add a corpse, or some limbs (or just some charcoal-smere) in front of the cage - the rest of the sentrys guarding the [whatever was in ther].
completly finished models:
Marines [--------------------|] 2168/2203
Tyranids[----------------|----] 2032/2582
Necrons [----------|----------]1260/2500

$amtron
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by $amtron » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:04 pm

haha i could see how it would give that kind of a feel :P
yeah i did have some imperial guard heads and could prob use some hands from my eldar :(
i was going to maybe have one on a stake and play around with the hot glue gun to make some
guts lying around with blood streaks coming out of the cage

$amtron
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by $amtron » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:06 am

well i pretty much spent half day on painting this thing and was getting increasingly more disappointed with how it was looking but then had a go at some gore with the hot glue and very quickly was getting excited about it again i was having so much fun with the glue gun i soon got a bit carried away with the gore looks pretty brutal but i thought hey its for halloween so whatevs lol :) apologies about my camera on some of the shots i just cant get it to work for me :roll:

dangerdog
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: GB 39 $amtron's escape from captivity (complete) :)

Post by dangerdog » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:13 pm

This is goretastic! I love the ridiculous amount of blood. 8)
Facts are the enemy of truth.

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Just one question... I'm not hating on you( love this piece, it's awesome) but uhhh.... how does this have to do with Halloween?
Eldar
Win:7
Draw:1
Loss:1
"Pain is temporary... Honor is forever"

$amtron
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by $amtron » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:02 pm

thanks :D i just wanted to do something a little different i spose i still think it fits into these themes

"Scary, teethgrinding, heartpounding, bloody, horrendous, nailbiting, coldsweating, headbashing, sanity-lowering, conscious losing, deadly awefulness!!!!"

gorefangz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by gorefangz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:00 pm

looks really cool. one question, how does a deamon that needed a cage that big, fit through a door that small? lol. cool stuff
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

$amtron
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by $amtron » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 am

haha fair call maybe there was lots of small ones or he was a shapeshifter :wink:

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:49 am

I like the placement on the base. Some don't like when you put it on one end, but I do :)

And...that's a lot of blood...:)

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Switchblade » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Obviously, the demon could fly. Ever see a bird's cage?
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade
"Switchblade, you are my hero." - eNi

Check out my Painting Services
http://tinyurl.com/b38xlnp

BSPdeadpool
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by BSPdeadpool » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:42 pm

wow lol. and here i was thinking that it was impossible to go overboard with a glue gun xD
a lot of blood is an understatement :P but khorne is happy so it's totally reasonable 8)

-BB
そ:IT'S GOOD TO BE BAD!! :twisted:
->My WIP Thread<-
"Your silence offends Slaanesh!!"

Return to “Group Build 39”