GB39: Nappen's gates to...someplace not so nice-Complete

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB39: Nappen's gates to...someplace not so nice

Post by Nappen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 am

As soon as I get the next round of painting done. I got the ground painted dark brown and the first layer of mud drybrushing done last night. I was thinking it needed to be done by halloween, but see the date is in November.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Getting closer.

dangerdog
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by dangerdog » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Looks good! Can't wait to see more.
Facts are the enemy of truth.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:05 am

Finally finished and camera fixed :)

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: GB39: Nappen's gates to...someplace not so nice-Complete

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:31 pm

This looks awesome! :) Coupd it possibly be an exit from the web way for the harlequins?
Eldar
Win:7
Draw:1
Loss:1
"Pain is temporary... Honor is forever"

wanna993
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by wanna993 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Looks really neat. I love the colors from the gate, it really breaks from the brown/gray colors

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Shadow SpectreW wrote:This looks awesome! :) Coupd it possibly be an exit from the web way for the harlequins?
LOL, it wasn't my original intent, but once I saw the picture, I thought the same thing...gate from inside the warp somewhere for the harlequins...explains to colors too :)

$amtron
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by $amtron » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:19 pm

looks awesome man the paintwork on the portal looks sweet and i love the halequins youve got there :D

BSPdeadpool
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by BSPdeadpool » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:35 pm

epicness :D

-BB
そ:IT'S GOOD TO BE BAD!! :twisted:
->My WIP Thread<-
"Your silence offends Slaanesh!!"

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Great job Nappen!
Those glow effects on the side of the stones is awesome. I dunno what I would have preferred, see-through or non see-through for the portal. I think you've captured the portal glow very good. This looks like a very interesting thing. Maybe you could have made the roof a different color or add some glazes/washes to the rocks for color differences.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks, I really struggled with the gate, but once I put the glazes on it, I tried hard to make the OSL on the ground and gate match the colors of the glazes on the portal itself.

The tombstones are four different greys and then a black wash. The roof thing never even came to mind. I will remember that for next time.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 pm

The harlies look perfectly at home! Very good work!
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 am

for the stone I meant washes of brown/green/blue, maybe even dark red. That adds some interesting colors to the boring oll' grey
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm

I will remember it. I just got to focused on the gate itself, I guess. :D

Return to “Group Build 39”