GB 36 - Ork Battle Hut

This month's theme: One Man's Trash Is Another Man's... Group Build
Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

GB 36 - Ork Battle Hut

Postby Countryrobin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 am

Well, I'm going to try to get back into group build, but this month is going to be interesting since I only have until Thursday the 19th to finish it.
onto what I have in mind.
I was thinking of building a hut similar to the mwg terrain tutorials, but I decided to make something cooler. This was originally going to be a watchtower/outpost. Then the sprue I was going to use wouldn't count as a recyclable item so I'm adding a recyclable soup can. Then the idea of this being a battle/command outpost building. (below)

The Fluff behind this is...
This hut is built in the midst of war as a main battle hut that is made kind of like command outpost/center either in or around an ork camp

I have a layout of walls and floors but my scanner wasn't working so i will have that posted along with some wip pictures hopefully tommorow.
"Do not go where there is a path, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.".

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: GB 36 - Ork Battle Hut

Postby Countryrobin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 am

I got some work on one of many projects I have today. I also got some WIP pics You might want to see.
i Still have to add some details but here is where I'm at with the front wall.
and here is the roof battlement to the main part of the battle hut.
and to finish off I have the two pieces being held up together by (drum roll) my hand

hopefully I will have more to show before the week is out
"Do not go where there is a path, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.".

dangerdog
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Postby dangerdog » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 pm

lookin good man! 8)
Facts are the enemy of truth.

LordGreeble
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby LordGreeble » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:07 pm

keep it up want to see it finished :)
So, Wait... Your tellin me, orcs are related to mushrooms!
Check Out My Current Projects

Check Out My Gallery

tobeymaguire
First post! Good job, now post more...

Postby tobeymaguire » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 am

Countryrobin wrote:I got some work on one of many projects I have today. I also got some WIP pics You might want to see.
i Still have to add some details but here is where I'm at with the front wall.
and here is the roof battlement to the main part of the battle hut.
and to finish off I have the two pieces being held up together by (drum roll) my hand

hopefully I will have more to show before the week is out

Nice work...!!!
I really impressed...!!!

Return to “Group Build 36”