GB 76: Objective Markers

Talk about anything related to creating and painting cool terrain for Warhammer and other tabletop games.
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

GB 76: Objective Markers

Postby Nappen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:37 am

Welcome to Group Build Number 76

This month's theme: Objective Markers

Great idea provided in the GB Idea thread (hint...hint...)

A set of 6 objective markers that fit your army's theme. No limits except final photo needs to include at least one model from your army.

If anyone has any questions; this is the place to ask!

Rules: PLEASE READ

1) Post WIP threads in the "current Group Build" Folder.

2) Those who participate are expected to post progres s reports of their build under their own topic heading (i.e. GBXIX:Blue’s Big Hill).
-Please format it like this. Place ‘GBXVIII:’ in the beginning of your subjects.
-Once completed you MUST edit the topics title to include the word “complete”. (i.e. GBXV:Blue’s Big Hill-Complete) This is done by editing the original posts subject.-Once completed I will usually choose 2 of the completed pictures from every build to be added to the voting thread, but the number of entries may enable more, or require less

3) Please don't post pictures of a piece of terrain that you have already built. The idea of this build is to make something new. Therefore you must post at least 2 pictures, one being a work in progress, one being a finished product. Play fair, don't cheat!

4) Entries must be completed by the deadline in order to qualify.

5) You can enter multiple times.
-please do a separate thread for each entry.

6) All participants that complete will get a campaign ribbon added to their sig.
-I will keep tabs on everyone who completes and deserves a ribbon/badge until the ribbons are issued.
-Only one completion each month goes towards ribbons, ie three completions in a month gets one ribbon, not three.

7) Builds must be painted to be eligible for voting.

HAVE FUN!

The build begins Now and finishes 8/30/17 11:59 PM CET. With voting the first week in September.
Everyday is better than the next...

Dark Eldar log: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=76171
Terrain log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB 76: Objective Markers

Postby Nappen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:38 am

Sorry I have been delinquent with the group builds. Have been on the road a lot. Unfortunately I am moving in august, but will do my best to keep up with the closure of this build.

Thanks
Nappen

Nappen

Postby Nappen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 am

I updated the ribbons and tally roster for the last three builds, so we are current.

Congrats to the winners and participants. Looking forward to see what people come up with for this one.

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Postby genso6 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Is it acceptable to do 6 markers but have each one be for a different army/faction? Or some more general ones that can be used across armies?
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

Nappen

Postby Nappen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:32 am

Will see if others have an issue, but as long as they work with your army/armies I think it fits the criteria. We make up the rules so I say go for it.

One person suggested "secret" markers. I was going to save that for later, but if people do not have an issue with doing those now too, I don't either.

Again, sorry for my lack of attention to the builds...really, terrain is my favorite part of the hobby, and I can't wait to get back home where I can set up my shop again!

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Postby Mach-Ten » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:57 am

for anyone that didn't study Latin 76 = LXXVI :)

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Postby genso6 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 am

Nappen wrote:Will see if others have an issue, but as long as they work with your army/armies I think it fits the criteria. We make up the rules so I say go for it.

One person suggested "secret" markers. I was going to save that for later, but if people do not have an issue with doing those now too, I don't either.

Again, sorry for my lack of attention to the builds...really, terrain is my favorite part of the hobby, and I can't wait to get back home where I can set up my shop again!

Sounds good Nappen, thanks. Also another question: do the models we should beside our creations have to be painted? Wondering how much the 'theme' of the army should come across in terms of paint scheme vs converting/general aesthetic.
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

Nappen

Postby Nappen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:16 pm

It is about the terrain, so I am not concerned with the state of the models.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby LordMcAllister » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 am

Perhaps I'll join this, if I can spare the time. I would like to make some markers for my AdMech.
Painted 2017 so far:
- 8 Skitarii Rangers
- 1 Skitarii Sydonian Dragoon
- 5 Space Wolf Terminators
- 1 Zombicide Survivor
- 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Nappen

Postby Nappen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:02 am

lots of possibilities there...

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Postby RandomTsar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Already have some cool concept sketches for some Tyranid based ones. Planning on a subterranean swarm feel with burrows. Finally, have a good artistic challenge for my modeling clay other than weighing down a base. xD

Return to “Wargaming Terrain”