It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:59 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Destructible terrain might be cool. Have removable wall segments in buildings made to look like they've been hit by a stray rocket or something. Many tactical mini games have breaching charges or similar analogs that might work really nice with that sort of terrain.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:45 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

What about interior furniture or fittings? You could do computer consoles or workbenches.

How about a water feature? Or a liquid feature? That would fit in with the pollution theme.

Or an animal theme. The terrain must include an animal. You could do an angry bear, a field full of sheep, or the alien equivalent. Or rats feasting on garbage.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:54 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I still stand with my edible terrain idea. One rule: you have to eat it when you're done. (Yes, grass and paint is allowed, I'd love to see you eat that).

Bring on the WAAAGH-Carrot-rockets!
..The Marguarita-Tyranid-spawn!
..The Bunker-brownie!
..The Tomb-Kings-Oreo-Pyramid!
..The Broccoli-tree-of-terror!
..The Macragge-Melon-world!
..I could go on the whole evening with this. Name a food and I'll tell you what to build.

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:39 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
A Luna wrote:
I still stand with my edible terrain idea. One rule: you have to eat it when you're done. (Yes, grass and paint is allowed, I'd love to see you eat that).

..The Bunker-brownie!
..I could go on the whole evening with this. Name a food and I'll tell you what to build.

Been there, done that.

That aside, I suggest "harmony" as a theme. A moment of tranquility in the midst of a war torn battlefield could be interesting for a challenge.

"Tuomir, you're made of win" -ranger
"Tumor is just plain retarted. Tuomir is cooler than that" -jackmrnorris94
"Tuomir has proven his brilliance in this scenario" -The Airman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Tuomir wrote:
A Luna wrote:

..The Bunker-brownie!

Been there, done that.

That aside, I suggest "harmony" as a theme. A moment of tranquility in the midst of a war torn battlefield could be interesting for a challenge.

Crap, that thing was cool. I forgot about that one.

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:25 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
2 ideas

Copycat - make something you have seen in a movie, TV or computer game.

Before and After - make 2 peices, one in working order and the other destroyed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
How about terrain for 6th edition 40k. So, forest, river, battlefield debris, or one of the fortifications.

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee
Latest video, 3000 batrep, IG vs BA escalation rules!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:15 pm 
Gold Vault Member

wizardv12222 wrote:
How about terrain for 6th edition 40k. So, forest, river, battlefield debris, or one of the fortifications.

elaborate? I don't know what you mean.

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:34 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
A Luna wrote:
wizardv12222 wrote:

I think he is referring to the mysterious terrain aspect of 6th. They introduced all kinds of new variables for terrain ironwood forests, hyperslime rivers, mysterious objectives etc...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
swedishchef wrote:
A Luna wrote:
wizardv12222 wrote:

I think he is referring to the mysterious terrain aspect of 6th. They introduced all kinds of new variables for terrain ironwood forests, hyperslime rivers, mysterious objectives etc...

exactly right. Plus a "relic" build to use for the relic objective would be cool.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ah, I'm not so at home with the 6th edition. So if I were to announce this, how should I put it? Do you also have some images for reference? Because I'm still not very sure what would be 6th edition and what not :P

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
I think this would be any piece of terrain to represent a mysterious relic, forest etc which are more defined in the 6th edition. It would really be anything someone wanted to make in those areas. I would consider limiting to one area-say a mysterious relic or a mysterious woods etc.

DE: 8420pts/8420 painted llllllllll
Lots of other stuff yet to be painted.

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:47 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I could also see, any of the imperial buildings, but in the xenos format. Eldar Bastion, Tau landing pad, ork defense shields.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:58 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
How about something related to "Vengenance", because of the new starter set? This works for fantasy too. Could be a guy massacring a giant demon/monster objective, to a nukes battleground, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:05 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
I have updated the list and moved this topic to the main terrain area. This month's build came from the list (entry and exit). Next month will be a material based build, so any ideas, put them here!

DE: 8420pts/8420 painted llllllllll
Lots of other stuff yet to be painted.

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next