Ideas for future Group Builds (updated 1 Jan 13)

Talk about anything related to creating and painting cool terrain for Warhammer and other tabletop games.
DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Ideas for future Group Builds

Postby DracoAvian » Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 am

Destructible terrain might be cool. Have removable wall segments in buildings made to look like they've been hit by a stray rocket or something. Many tactical mini games have breaching charges or similar analogs that might work really nice with that sort of terrain.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

PlaneStorm
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby PlaneStorm » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 pm

What about interior furniture or fittings? You could do computer consoles or workbenches.

How about a water feature? Or a liquid feature? That would fit in with the pollution theme.

Or an animal theme. The terrain must include an animal. You could do an angry bear, a field full of sheep, or the alien equivalent. Or rats feasting on garbage.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby A Luna » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:54 pm

I still stand with my edible terrain idea. One rule: you have to eat it when you're done. (Yes, grass and paint is allowed, I'd love to see you eat that).

Bring on the WAAAGH-Carrot-rockets!
..The Marguarita-Tyranid-spawn!
..The Bunker-brownie!
..The Tomb-Kings-Oreo-Pyramid!
..The Broccoli-tree-of-terror!
..The Macragge-Melon-world!
..I could go on the whole evening with this. Name a food and I'll tell you what to build.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Tuomir
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Postby Tuomir » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 pm

A Luna wrote:I still stand with my edible terrain idea. One rule: you have to eat it when you're done. (Yes, grass and paint is allowed, I'd love to see you eat that).

..The Bunker-brownie!
..I could go on the whole evening with this. Name a food and I'll tell you what to build.

Been there, done that.

That aside, I suggest "harmony" as a theme. A moment of tranquility in the midst of a war torn battlefield could be interesting for a challenge.
Rank & Fail

"Tuomir, you're made of win" -ranger
"Tumor is just plain retarted. Tuomir is cooler than that" -jackmrnorris94
"Tuomir has proven his brilliance in this scenario" -The Airman

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby A Luna » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:01 am

Tuomir wrote:
A Luna wrote:I still stand with my edible terrain idea. One rule: you have to eat it when you're done. (Yes, grass and paint is allowed, I'd love to see you eat that).

..The Bunker-brownie!

Been there, done that.

That aside, I suggest "harmony" as a theme. A moment of tranquility in the midst of a war torn battlefield could be interesting for a challenge.

Crap, that thing was cool. I forgot about that one.
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Postby bugbait_nz » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:25 am

2 ideas

Copycat - make something you have seen in a movie, TV or computer game.

Before and After - make 2 peices, one in working order and the other destroyed.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 am

How about terrain for 6th edition 40k. So, forest, river, battlefield debris, or one of the fortifications.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Postby A Luna » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:15 pm

wizardv12222 wrote:How about terrain for 6th edition 40k. So, forest, river, battlefield debris, or one of the fortifications.

elaborate? I don't know what you mean.
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

swedishchef
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Postby swedishchef » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm

A Luna wrote:
wizardv12222 wrote:How about terrain for 6th edition 40k. So, forest, river, battlefield debris, or one of the fortifications.

I think he is referring to the mysterious terrain aspect of 6th. They introduced all kinds of new variables for terrain ironwood forests, hyperslime rivers, mysterious objectives etc...

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:06 pm

swedishchef wrote:
A Luna wrote:

I think he is referring to the mysterious terrain aspect of 6th. They introduced all kinds of new variables for terrain ironwood forests, hyperslime rivers, mysterious objectives etc...

exactly right. Plus a "relic" build to use for the relic objective would be cool.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Postby A Luna » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Ah, I'm not so at home with the 6th edition. So if I were to announce this, how should I put it? Do you also have some images for reference? Because I'm still not very sure what would be 6th edition and what not :P
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Postby Nappen » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 pm

I think this would be any piece of terrain to represent a mysterious relic, forest etc which are more defined in the 6th edition. It would really be anything someone wanted to make in those areas. I would consider limiting to one area-say a mysterious relic or a mysterious woods etc.
Everyday is better than the next...

DE: 10099pts/9974 painted llllllllll I was Fin! then I bought some more...

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:47 pm

I could also see, any of the imperial buildings, but in the xenos format. Eldar Bastion, Tau landing pad, ork defense shields.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Crusherfex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 pm

How about something related to "Vengenance", because of the new starter set? This works for fantasy too. Could be a guy massacring a giant demon/monster objective, to a nukes battleground, etc.
Why aren't there more arachnids?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Ideas for future Group Builds (updated 1 Jan 13)

Postby Nappen » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:05 am

I have updated the list and moved this topic to the main terrain area. This month's build came from the list (entry and exit). Next month will be a material based build, so any ideas, put them here!
Everyday is better than the next...

DE: 10099pts/9974 painted llllllllll I was Fin! then I bought some more...

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Return to “Wargaming Terrain”