It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:33 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
More random ruins!
Got more pictures on my cellphone. Long story short: no batteries for real camera. Had to use cellphone for WIP shots. Cellphone cable to computer is missing in action.

Enjoy the easy terrain:

detail shots:

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:06 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Nice dude! That's not white styro is it? Looks sort of like that spongy material...

What did you use for the leaves, they look great!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:19 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
It is white styro. It just melted down more than I thought. Guess that glue didn't really help that much.

The leaves.. I don't know what brand, but it's actual modelling leaves, nothing fancy. Pre-bought.

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Oh, melted styro, the fun I had with it when I first started building terrain...

This is one of my fav so far! I'll prob use this to create some pieces for me

Also, check out my brand new blog for some painting tips, conversions and finished pieces!

http://themechanizedworld.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:34 pm 
Silver Vault Member

they look awesome..
how did you melt it? in any special way?

Chaos 7300+
Grey Knights [starting]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 am 
Gold Vault Member

@Ironclad:
I sprayed the white foam with scenic cement (watered down pva glue) to hope the spray paint wouldn't eat it away. Sadly it did eat it away, but not in a large amount.

@balangaz:
Thank you! Although I did get a small step closer to getting cancer this way. I really don't recommend doing it.

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:29 am 
Gold Vault Member

Here some WIP shots from my phone. Finally got the cable :D

1. cut our foam and place on CD.

2. Regret what you did and tear 'em off. Glue some relief paper on the base and hope that it shows for a nice pattern after painting.

3. Use too much glue

4. Enjoy the view like my dog

5. spray paint with scenic cement and hope the spray paint wont eat the foam.
6. go insane as the spray paint DOES eat away the foam and inhale toxic gasses ( :( )
7. decide 'heck with it' and spray paint some more with:
- olive green
- grey
- skeleton bone
- white
8. Balance on leg.

9. Give it a wash. Watch in disgust again as the wash isn't doing what you want.
10. Drybrush and decide that if it doesn't look the way you wanted, it can still look nice.

CMON Gallery
Youtube