Group Build 34: Tank Traps (Completed)

This month's theme: Mass Production
daplunk
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Group Build 34: Tank Traps (Completed)

Post by daplunk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:08 am

Alot of what I've been working on this month fall into this category already. Actually my entire City of Death Terrain Project has been created within the time-frame of this competition so far! You can see more of my progress HERE

Link to my Blog about this terrain piece - http://wartornterrain.blogspot.com.au/2 ... -tank.html

This is a super simple yet effective piece of terrain which looks superb on the board.

What you will need:
Lots of rectangular tubing
1x A very sharp modelling knife
1x Hot glue gun
Paint (Black undercoat and silver / copper)

The Steps:
1- Using your modelling knife cut through the join on one of the corners of the rectangle. Run your knife down the length of the tubing.

2- Very bloody carefully! NOT SERIOUSLY BE CAREFUL! Run your modelling knife down the opposite corner of the tubing effectively splitting the tubing into 2x right angle pieces.

3- Cut the pieces up into matching lengths. I used 5cm lengths.

4- Turn the hot glue gun on and wait for it to get hot.

5- Taking two pieces join them together using the glue in the centre. Ie make a cross out of two pieces.

6- Take a 3rd piece and glue it so that it sit on top of of of the cross beams of the cross you made in step 5.

7- Repeat until you run out of plastic. Note: I ran out of plastic before I had enough tank traps in the picture above. I cut up pop sticks to the desired length and split them in half to create more beams for the tank traps.

8- Paint them black as an undercoat. I used spray paint to speed this up.

9- Dry brush the tank traps with silver / copper to the dirty metallic effect of your liking.

10- You could base them if you were playing normal 40k rules. These however are designed for City of Death on this TABLE and theres' simple not enough room for bases ;)

More pics to come once I finish painting them.
Last edited by daplunk on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flypast1
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Re: Group Build 34: Tank Traps (WIP)

Post by Flypast1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 am

That is pretty cool and good job, it realy is easy to make. A tip: Resize ur images they ae way to big, for this u can use paint
The few. The power armoured. The Space Marines-650pts
Orks-500pts
Blog-http://alleraminiatures.blogspot.com

daplunk
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Group Build 34: Tank Traps (Complete)

Post by daplunk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 am

Ok I just completed painting the tank traps. I tried to use a combination of copper and brown to make rust but it looked horrid so I have stuck with black undercoat with a silver brush over.

* I resized the pics by 50% hope it helps. The pics are handled by the blog.

As you can see this is designed for use on my modular COD table that I've been working on this month. If I was making this for normal 40k I would be more likely to stick it on a base and add extra detail like rocks and dead grass. Not having them glued down however helps create a more realistic board once you see it all together.

Ironclad-Warrior
Silver Vault Member

Re: Group Build 34: Tank Traps (Completed)

Post by Ironclad-Warrior » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:52 pm

now thats what i call:
"Mass production"
the reason theese are so cool, is because the have no base, which means you can
put them on other terrain pieces
Nonsense!

Chaos 7300+
Grey Knights [starting]

Return to “Group Build 34”