What about shooting Viruses?

This is for topics that are out of date.
Chaosstryver
MiniWarGaming Beginner

What about shooting Viruses?

Post by Chaosstryver » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm

In the future bullets should be used with viruses.

For example:
You could shoot a virus to make its target lose focus so he/she/it would be less likely to doge hits. You could also make the target go to sleep meaning it couldn't be used next turn.

Comment if you think this is a good or bad idea.

Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: What about shooting Viruses?

Post by Kris Knives » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Since most units have 1 hit point that doesn't seem like it would be that valuable with the way the game looks now. Biological weapons might be a good idea though since we know at least the X'lanthos have used them in the past.

I think maybe a relentless fury style ability where if a biological weapon scores a wound get to roll more attacks might capture the flavor of a biological attack but me more applicable to the game.

Wiouds

Post by Wiouds » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:49 pm

I try what I called wounds. It was way to reduce enemy stats base on the number of wounds they get.

I drop it for a number of reasons. First, it is was just hard to maintain what stats were affected by the number of wounds. The second it was a complex beast faction only skill.

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm

This sounds like a good idea that could be expanded into a large variety of uses. What I mean is make it were there are more than just one virus option that you could upload your weapons with and to prevent the complications Wiouds ran into simplify the affects. Instead of decreasing strength or something simply have affects like "Blind" or "Crippled" that can affect line of sight, movement, weapon skill, and even competency in battle. When I mean by that is something to the affect of confuse ray from Pokemon, the affected model must make a experience roll and if they fail they attack the nearest model, friendly or foe. These affects could wear off after a set time or maybe make the model do a strength test. This would be nice and simple and could be easily identified by markers and such.
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"

Wiouds

Post by Wiouds » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Could you write a sample rule and how the squad use them?

Kris Knives

Post by Kris Knives » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

The X'lanthos used virus on humanity....it was super effective.