Problems

This is for topics that are out of date.
evilgreenthing
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Problems

Post by evilgreenthing » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:49 pm

I just played a game, and ran across a few problems. First, there needs to be some sort of mechanism so that deployment zones are equal (ie each player gets 3 barrecades, or something, because this game is so cover focused that just having less cover on your side of the board can win you a game. Second, have we decided on a method of deployment, cause if we havnt, we need to. Last snipers and such are far to hard to kill, because they have only one per squad, meaning that a common squad can get a max of 2 hits on them, which cant kill them (I feel like a squad should be able kill a sniper if you leave that sniper out in the open.
sincerely EGT

Tmb
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.

Re: Problems

Post by Tmb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 pm

first thing to resolve the cover maybe certain squads can make a form of light cover or worse or they improve upon cover... and i think whn the board is set up people should focus on trying to make it even.
The Sky holds the Storm Rain Mist Lightning Cloud and the Sun all in harmony

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:54 am

i feel placing terrain with a IgoUgo setup would work, where you would agree on the ammount of hard/soft cover for each team before the game begins (just like you would points)
as for the sniper, i feel that we could change it from "number of models" to "number of wounds", giving all units a level playing field.
saltine runner thanks you for reading this post, and is sorry for his ramblings.
"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only static grass." -Smurfyk
2000pts Tyranid

DacoTrilar
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by DacoTrilar » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 am

evilgreenthing wrote:Last snipers and such are far to hard to kill, because they have only one per squad, meaning that a common squad can get a max of 2 hits on them, which cant kill them (I feel like a squad should be able kill a sniper if you leave that sniper out in the open.
It's the number of models in the attacking squad, not the number of models in the defending squad.

slaughtergames
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by slaughtergames » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:52 am

DacoTrilar wrote:
evilgreenthing wrote:Last snipers and such are far to hard to kill, because they have only one per squad, meaning that a common squad can get a max of 2 hits on them, which cant kill them (I feel like a squad should be able kill a sniper if you leave that sniper out in the open.
It's the number of models in the attacking squad, not the number of models in the defending squad.
exactly. if the attacking unit has 5 models in it, they have a max of 5 hits. which then gets multiplied by RoF, which normally is 2, meaning 10 hits.
"i buy me new deffkopta!!"
"waaaagh!"
"i did research, to find out how to minimize the randomness of the shock-attack gun."
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"

evilgreenthing
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by evilgreenthing » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 pm

AHH, that makes so much more sense
sincerely EGT

slaughtergames

Post by slaughtergames » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 am

evilgreenthing wrote:I just played a game, and ran across a few problems. First, there needs to be some sort of mechanism so that deployment zones are equal (ie each player gets 3 barrecades, or something, because this game is so cover focused that just having less cover on your side of the board can win you a game. Second, have we decided on a method of deployment, cause if we havnt, we need to. Last snipers and such are far to hard to kill, because they have only one per squad, meaning that a common squad can get a max of 2 hits on them, which cant kill them (I feel like a squad should be able kill a sniper if you leave that sniper out in the open.
well, for every points limit for a game we could give recommended amounts of cover in each deployment zone... example: (with made-up numbers)
100 pts: 3 pieces of heavy cover and six light on every half of the table
150 pts.:5 pieces o/H cover + 10 light
andsoforth...

eventhough terrain doesn't necessarily have to be more densely packed if you play more points... the 150 pts.(for example) thing could be for any size of game...

eventhough i feel this is also gonna have lot's of ruins and stuff... maybe MWG should start selling DP gameboards at some point...
"waaaagh!"
"i did research, to find out how to minimize the randomness of the shock-attack gun."
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"

DacoTrilar
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by DacoTrilar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:07 pm

I'd suggest having the player place the terrain anywhere on their side of the board rather than just in their deployment zone. Cause cover in your deployment zone isn't going to help you all that much.

slaughtergames

Post by slaughtergames » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:58 pm

yeah that's true, but we don't even know how to deploy yet right? so maybe that was half the table anyway... so i just said "deployment zone" rather than "table half" or "where ever you want"

so... i think it'll depend on how we deploy, but then, that depends on the mission objective...

have we already decided upon either of those?
"waaaagh!"
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"

Wiouds

Post by Wiouds » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:33 pm

I say each player place cover on the board and then roll to who get to pick their side or what side they start from.

Edited to add:

So player 1 place a piece cover on the board and then player 2 does and then maybe player 3 or any number of player place one after that.

Once all the cover is place then they roll 2d6 and the highest roll wins. (If they role the same then use the highest single die.) The winning player can them pick the side he/she want to start on or if he/she want to have the first phase. If the winning player pick a side of the field then the player with the next highest value get the starting phase. The phase order is base off the highest to lowest roll.