Seamus' #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Seamus
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Seamus' #thedailypaint

Postby Seamus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 am

Continued working on my SoB.

First pic is the Sisters with some Khorne Red and Leadbeltcher Silver.

The second picture is the Sisters complete except the guns.

My 1500 points of Sisters of Battle includes 40 sisters (8 Meltas), 7 DCA, 2 Crusaders, Uriah, 6 Repentia + Mistress.

I should have some goods pics of my two crusaders tomorrow.

Seamus
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby Seamus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:36 am

So two Crusaders and Uriah Jacobus walk into a heretical bar...

Uriah is still a WIP but the Crusaders are done.

Seamus
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby Seamus » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 am

Working on my SoB tanks.

3 Exorcists (with the body of an Immolator and the rocket launcher from Forge World.)
5 Rhinos (One special made with lots of SoB iconography to act as the Battle Conclave's chariot.)

Seamus
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby Seamus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 am

Just sitting here watching Last Resort on Hulu and painting on my Sisters of Battle tanks.

My trifecta of edge highlighting colors include (All from the new Citadel line of paints):
Altdorf Guard Blue
Temple Guard Blue
White Scar

I also painted the iconography bits on the front and sides with Tin Bitz and all the trim on the tanks are in a few thin but opaque coats of Mephicton Red.

--- Below this line is talk about my latest kitbashing project (Hey, it's my thread) and doesn't involve #thedailypaint ---

My previous project (New Sister of Battle figures) is on hold for a bit as I'm missing some bits. I have my heads on order from Hasslefree Miniatures.

The biggest gripe about the new minis is the greenstuff robes. Here's a couple of pics to show the robs I put together for the minis.

Bear in mind that the back of the torso is still very much Dark Eldar but when I glue on a back pack all will come together.

What I rally need to find are just a boat load (60 or so) of the female Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior torsos (there are only 3 per box of 10) and the same goes for their legs. On top of that, there are only two Daemonette corsets that fit the SoB and lack the Slaaneshi iconography in a box of ten Daemonettes.

All told, the cost per mini sits at: ~$50
That doesn't include about 1-2 hours of labor assembling each.

Itemized list:
Two boxes (Kabalite Warriors and Daemonettes): $30 each ($60)
Backpacks from the metal SoB troops: $17 for 3 ($5.75)
The heads from Hasslefree Miniatures: £4.00 + S&H ($12)
Bolters from Forgeworld: £11.00 + S&H for 10 ($3 each)
Greenstuff (when not buying in bulk) per robe/tabbard: $0.12
New bag of Styrene Plastic: $8

Seamus
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby Seamus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Worked on some banners for my trifecta of Sister of Battle Exorcists.

Here's the can I used to mix up my Russian Earth (PO34) MIG Pigment with Liquitex Resin Sand. I also added a swirl of Dark Mud (PO33) but you can barely tell that it's there.

I'm gonna be adding lots of layers of dry-brushed paint to the mud.

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby drsergen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:08 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:
Seamus wrote:So one thing I've noticed about my painting is when I'm painting feminine faces (Sister of Battle), they don't get recognized as feminine. I displayed my Saint Celestine figure to a couple coworkers of mine who are very much not into mini wargaming. Both their first questions were "What's his name?"

not ur fault, GW does horrible female sculpts

its just means the females are properly armored in the imperium. instead of being armored like something from soul caliber.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:15 pm

drsergen wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:
Seamus wrote:So one thing I've noticed about my painting is when I'm painting feminine faces (Sister of Battle), they don't get recognized as feminine. I displayed my Saint Celestine figure to a couple coworkers of mine who are very much not into mini wargaming. Both their first questions were "What's his name?"

not ur fault, GW does horrible female sculpts

its just means the females are properly armored in the imperium. instead of being armored like something from soul caliber.

could get the faces right though, took them 20 years to get female faces to actually look feminine
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”