Nappen's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Nappen's #thedailypaint

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Lol sounds like it will be interesting.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

8th Edition approaches.
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:34 pm

yesterday, hung out with the kids working on my son's necrons and my oldest worked on one of the old ork rock band figures. It seems like GW used to have a pretty good sense of humor. Could you actually use the rock band in the game?

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:04 pm

I don't think there are actual rules for them.. but you could make house rules for them.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey, your back...hope the holidays were good.

No painting today :(

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:29 pm

boo. Sorta back, puter is in the shop and I;m using my sister's on and off
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Today finished the paint on the 4X4 snow battle mat for War Machine games. Started work on the Lava fields board.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 am

Cool and cool. Is the snow battle just going to be snowy, or are is there going to be icy lakes?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:44 am

here it is
ImageImageImage

I just wish I had some snowy terrain to use on it. Ah, well...one day.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 am

Very nice, and looks fairly easy to do.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:06 pm

It was easy. The time is in laying down all the caulk. It took a 12 tube case for the 6X4 and 4X4. I just picked up another case to do the other two mats. A 4X4 desert and a 6X4 ash wasteland/dark field.

Got some more surfacing done on the lava field and started cutting some of the extra items, and have the basic stack for my volcano

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Home depot must love you. :D

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:48 am

Probably, but it really isn't that much. Everything for the two mats I have done so far cost 43 bucks with enough canvas left over for two more mats. I spent 22 bucks on the case of caulk but bought the kind with silicone because they were out of the type without. Then new case was just 15 bucks. That gives a total of 58 bucks for four mats. Of course, I had all the other stuff you need at home already (caulk gun, sharpie, paint, caulking spatula etc) and I have a bunch of craft paint that I picked up for 30 cents a bottle a couple of months ago, so didn't lay out anything for that. Comes out to a total of 17.40 for each 6 foot mat and 11.60 for each 4 foot mat. And who could cost out the fun I had with my daughter :)

The new one is a bit more...about 20 bucks for foam, 5 bucks worth of caulk, 9 bucks for the hardboard and I spent 3.5 on a bag of playsand (not worth digging it up when 50 pounds is 3.50). I have everything else already and the extra on the foam and board will be enough to build a volcano and a bunch of small terrain peices to go with it.

Here is a sneak peak after the dry fit. I may do some more distressing of the canal edges. If it turns out good, I will do a full tutorial.

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Looking Awesome Nappen. :D
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

8th Edition approaches.
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Glued up the panels tonight and did some hot wire work on the scenery. No painting though :(

tack4
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by tack4 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Nappen wrote:Probably, but it really isn't that much. Everything for the two mats I have done so far cost 43 bucks with enough canvas left over for two more mats. I spent 22 bucks on the case of caulk but bought the kind with silicone because they were out of the type without. Then new case was just 15 bucks. That gives a total of 58 bucks for four mats. Of course, I had all the other stuff you need at home already (caulk gun, sharpie, paint, caulking spatula etc) and I have a bunch of craft paint that I picked up for 30 cents a bottle a couple of months ago, so didn't lay out anything for that. Comes out to a total of 17.40 for each 6 foot mat and 11.60 for each 4 foot mat. And who could cost out the fun I had with my daughter :)

The new one is a bit more...about 20 bucks for foam, 5 bucks worth of caulk, 9 bucks for the hardboard and I spent 3.5 on a bag of playsand (not worth digging it up when 50 pounds is 3.50). I have everything else already and the extra on the foam and board will be enough to build a volcano and a bunch of small terrain peices to go with it.

Here is a sneak peak after the dry fit. I may do some more distressing of the canal edges. If it turns out good, I will do a full tutorial.

wow m8 awesome doesn't do it justice

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”