Nappen's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's #thedailypaint

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Finished the caulk on the game mat tonight. the 9 year old is very proud of her textures and has decided she is painting too.

Got some more of my wyche squad painted. The first layer of the bones in the hair, the hair ribbons, the little tubes and the gems on the splinter pistols.

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 am

Hey Nappen,

Are those GW craters? I thought I have seen them around before but I am not exactly sure. I bought some sculpy the other day to try and sculpt my own but that is a work in progress that is not turning out very well.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Yeah, they are the GW ones. cutting off the flash made a HUGE difference.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:31 am

Forgot to post last night-got a bit more done on the wyches and and all the metal bits, bones and such on the hekatrix. Did a test patch on the desert battle mat. Once my son and daughter approves will get to work on that-probably this weekend.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Here is the battle mat I am working on with my daughter. She did the texturing and we are testing the paint scheme.
ImageImageImage

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Desert theme?
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 am

yep, thought I mentioned that part. It will go with the modular hills/canyons I did in a "badlands" theme.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Little bit more on my wyches and another couple of feet of sand to my battle mat today.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Yes, this is over in my terrain WIP to, but usually different folks between the two and I have been babbling about this thing over here for the last week or so :wink: Now to start my 4X4 Desert map. Then I have the canvas cut for a 4X6 and 4X4 snow map.

My daughter and I spent the morning with the airbrush and finished the battlemat. Though, when I got it on the table, I realized that my table is about an inch and a half long and wide. Ah well, will just make the next mat oversized :)

ImageImage

Here it is with the "badlands" modular hills.
ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Got 5 barrels partially done and some more on my wyches. They will be done tomorrow.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Today, went to the Hobbit with the kids and grandmom, but first I finished off the touchups on the wych bases and pulled all the sand bases off to prep them to change over to the dark bases that I have decided to go for for my whole army.
Also started putting the caulk on the 4X4 battle mat that will be snow themed

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Rebased 15 of my 30 wyches that had the sand bases and finished with the caulk on my 4X4 mat.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:30 am

Nothing yesterday, but packed up some models and paints for my son and daughter to take to grandma's :)

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:40 pm

I like the mat Nappen it looks pretty nice and your posters in the Background are awesome. Also wish I had gotten to take paint and models to Grandmas for Christmas...instead I got 2 books and an Xbox to "Share" with the little Bro while sick over Christmas.
Anyways what did you think of the Hobbit and enjoy visiting your Relatives.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

8th Edition approaches.
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 pm

We all liked the Hobbit, esp how it ties into LOTR and all the little references. Not sure that it will make three good movies, but two for sure.

Tonight I primed the ork rock band for my older daughter to paint tomorrow while my son and I work on our armies.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”