JesusMcCoy's #Thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

JesusMcCoy's #Thedailypaint

Post by JesusMcCoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Hope it's not too late for me to join in, it seems like everyone is here.
Anyway, today what I'm going to do after I finish this post is paint the pants of 10 Guardsmen, maybe start on the armour.
Hopefully I'll get pics up later, if my sister lets me use her camera, because she has the only good one in the house.
I do suppose I'd better stop talking (typing?) and start painting, if I want to complete my goal.
It's time for a little auto-tune Jesus!
Armies:
Imperial Guard: 112th Veleyan 1000 Pts.
Painted:[+---------] (0%)
W:0/D:0/L:0

Dwarves: Karaz O Bofack 750 Pts.
Painted: [--+-------] (33%)
W:3/D:0/L:0

SpartanMyth
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Re: JesusMcCoy's #Thedailypaint

Post by SpartanMyth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Good luck my friend and happy painting :)
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally
Orks: Win 11 Loss 1 Draw 0

Chaos Space Marines: Win 13 Loss 4 Draw 0

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Hey guys,
I went outside to prime my Guardsmen, and then it started raining. I did however have a Sergeant who was already primed, and so I finished him. Here are some pics. The first one is okay, but the rest are slightly blurred, my apologies, I'll fix that tomorrow, right now I'm tired... and Star Trek is on :D

I think I'll redo the eyes, but I'm pretty happy with him, he shall not be dunked in Simple Green.
Anyways, I'll be painting again tomorrow, maybe the weather will clear up and I will be able to prime the rest of my Guardsmen.
Oh, a little sidenote here: What do you think his name should be. I've got my two Command Sqauds, and three other Infantry Squads already named, but I don't know what I should name the men of my fourth Infantry Squad. Lemme know.

-The REAL Jesus McCoy
Armies:

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Welcome a board and hopefully this thread will encourage you to paint more and push you to try new things and become a better painter.

Nice job on the guardsman, good colours and use of washes.

I agree that the eyes need redoing. When doing eyes you want to do them a bit bigger so that their is no white on the top or bottom. the white should just be on the sides. It shouldnt be a perfect circle, that is what gives it that stunned/drugged out look hehe. This will likely cause the black to go over onto the eyelids and eye socket so you will then need to fix this up with flesh moving across the eye to give it back its eye shape.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for the tips on the eyes, every time I've tried to do eyes, it's turned out like that. I'll try your technique, but in the end, I'll need to practice... a lot.
Anyways, time to catch some sleep... I didn't get much last night, and if I want to prime and paint my Guardsmen, I'll actually need to be awake.
Armies:

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Welcome! And its never too late.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

SpartanMyth
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by SpartanMyth » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:28 am

He looks like he has just seen an entire WAAAGH! heading his way with the wide eye look lol but he looks really good man keep them coming :)
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally
Orks: Win 11 Loss 1 Draw 0

Chaos Space Marines: Win 13 Loss 4 Draw 0

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 am

Hey everyone,
Today, I'm working on more Guardsmen! I got them primed in the morning so now all I have to do is paint them... all 50 of them...
Whatever, I'll take my time. I'll try and update again with some better photos tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm hoping to finish 1 squad of Guardsmen by then. (Counting Sergeant Crazy Eyes :P) Speaking of him, I intend to fix his eyes... eventually. Now if you'll excuse me, it's off to my room to paint!
Thanks for the replies and encouragement everyone and I'll see you later.

EDIT: Hello again, it's looking like pics will be tomorrow, my sister is gone until then, and I have no clue where she put the camera.
On the bright side, I got 6 Guardsmen almost completely done (Only have boots and Imperial Eagle thingies left to paint, they would be done but the Vox-Caster takes forever to paint). I swear I will get pics up tomorrow, no matter the cost!
Last edited by JesusMcCoy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armies:

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 am

for the eyes, think of them like people's eye... I mean, how often do you see people staring white their eye wide open with the white all around the black part clearly visible? just paint a black dot with white on either side :P
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey everyone, pics will have to wait another day, my sister can't find the cable and is blaming me for it :roll:
Whatever, got another Guardsmen done today, but most of today was spent at a friends house.
Pics will be up, soon, assuming I can find the cable. Sorry for the wait, but at the very least, there will be a lot of Guardsmen in the pics.
Armies:

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Countryrobin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:37 am

Welcome to the daily paint but you need to keep it up becauses ole little timmy down the street has got a higher kill count with his necrons, and that is just not acceptable to the commisar, so keep it up.

and here's some painting advice
If you ever need help. Anything is possiable with popsicle.
Or was it you can always find help on MWG?

No, it was anything is possiable with popsicle.

but really keep up the good work. Now I have to go salvage what's left of my creeperfide house.
"Do not go where there is a path, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.".

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey all,

Sorry for the hiatus, but I've been busy working on my school's Summer Reading (sigh). I quite literally woke up Sunday morning and realized 'Oh crap, I have 3 books to read in 2 weeks, and I have to write notes on them... and I have a test on them'. So yeah, I haven't done much other than reading and pretty much no painting. So now I owe 7 models lovely.
On the bright side I popped by Micheals (A lovely art store) and bought some new brushes and sculpting tools for my current project. For those of you who don't know, my new project is to convert a Guardsman into this:
So yeah... I hope sculpting counts for doing something, or else I'm screwed.
Anyways, I do suppose I should get started on the Guardsman conversion. Wish me luck, or give me Fluffy's skill with Greenstuff... either one will do :D

@Countryrobin
I like popsicles... and MWG so we're good :P
And of course, I will answer to the Comissar because if I don't he'll shoot me because I have leadership 10 : :roll:

EDIT: Hello everyone! Two things to say before I go and read more Summer Reading books *sigh*:
1- My friend bugged out of the Dark Age of Technology Guardsman project, so it's a no go. Looks like I'll have to stick with regular Guardsman for now.
2- My camera is being stupid, and decided to run out of battery while I was trying to take pics of my work today. It's charging now, I'll see if I can get some pics up tomorrow. I didn't finish a model today, but I got some work done on the Platoon Standard Bearer (Not happy with the banner, I'm probably going to redo it) and on my Astropath.

Until tomorrow
-TheREALJesusMcCoy
Armies:

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm

I officially give up on trying to get pics up for this week. My damn camera is so stubborn and stupid that I'm left speechless. Uggh.
Now that I have that out of my system, I do suppose it's worth mentioning that I got the fatigues done on ten Guardsman today. So I still made some progress. I won't be able to update tomorrow, until Sunday as I'm away and I don't know what time I'll be back at. So yeah, hopefully by then the camera will cooperate. Resistance is futile. Anyways see you guys Sunday or Monday.

-TheREALJesusMcCoy
Armies:

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Hello again
Well I got back and now I have more models I must do to break even... crap.
I worked a bit on a Tau commission I'm doing for a friend today, but apart from that, not much has happened since Wednesday. Oh well. Tomorrow apart from reading the Catcher in the Rye and finishing my notes on Lullabies for Little Criminals (Which is a terrible book IMHO), I will be painting some Fire Warriors, some Guardsman a Tau Commander (In a Battlesuit :D) and of course a Platoon Command Squad. After all Guardsman suck without men to lead to them.

Starting Wednesday-ish, I'm going to be going Dwarf Crazy as I have 400 points to paint for September 8th. Luckily 250 of those points are War Machines and Crew, but I still have 10 Thunderers and some Dwarf Warriors.

Anyways, I'm going to go check on my camera and see if it is done being possessed now, and maybe then I can put some pictures up.
Armies:

JesusMcCoy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JesusMcCoy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Woot! Done all the notes I have to do for today, so it's off to paint!
I'll update later, but it'll probably be guardsman, because I feel like it!
Armies:

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”