Crusherfex #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Crusherfex #thedailypaint

Postby Crusherfex » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I have a bunch of stuff that needs redoing, and a lot of free time. Later on, when I run out of minis, the dailypaint will go silent. But, I have enough minis to last until the apocalypse. Speaking of which, when will we be doing the next Paintocalypse? That's the second reason I joined the forum (the first being Mike and Joe telling me to).

So, I'll update tomorrow with pics to what I'm painting. My current project is a Hammerhead/Skyray :D
Why aren't there more arachnids?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Crusherfex #thedailypaint

Postby Oceangrave0 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:35 pm

welcome to the cult of love and free cookies.... oh wait.... thats the cult next door...

WELCOME TO THE CULT OF THE DAILY PAINTER!!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Crusherfex » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 pm

I feel welcomed :D

I didn't do much today, came back from visiting family so I didn't have much time. I built the drones for the Hammerhead. Tomorrow I'll work on the Hammerhead hull, finishing base painting and layering.

Question: The back door on the Hammerhead won't stay up, as if the "pipe" that connect the door to the back "wall" is a bit too small. Any suggestions?

Sorry about blurriness, I'm on iPad camera for the summer.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:59 pm

looks good broseph, and dont worry bout getting little done, I havent got anything done in MONTHS. I think all i've painted in the past 5 months is a pegasus knight and half of a space marine captain, now its time to get back into it!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Farseer Oz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Welcome Crusher

Yay for more Tau models
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Well hammer heads are not transports, so glue the door shut?!?

Also, welcome!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Crusherfex

Postby Crusherfex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:29 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:looks good broseph, and dont worry bout getting little done, I havent got anything done in MONTHS. I think all i've painted in the past 5 months is a pegasus knight and half of a space marine captain, now its time to get back into it!

I haven't painted anything for almost 5 months, and I needed something to get me pumped before the school year starts :|
Farseer Oz wrote:Welcome Crusher

Yay for more Tau models

Thanks. I'll be doing nid models too, and hopefully IG soon.
wizardv12222 wrote:Well hammer heads are not transports, so glue the door shut?!?

Also, welcome!

I was thinking of glueing it shut, but I'm not sure if that's the path I want to go.

Crusherfex

Postby Crusherfex » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Day 3

I painted the burst cannon drones for the hammerhead yesterday, and did a little more layering on the hammerhead hull. I also layered the carapace of a carnifex head and scything talons. Pics will be up soon.

Edit:

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Postby Flindo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I see a bit of issues with your painting technique which I think could be fixed if you used white primer instead of black, because the colors you picked are bright colors, which don't go well with a dark prime unless you layer it.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Crusherfex

Postby Crusherfex » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:38 am

Flindo wrote:I see a bit of issues with your painting technique which I think could be fixed if you used white primer instead of black, because the colors you picked are bright colors, which don't go well with a dark prime unless you layer it.

Someone suggested that to me, and I'm considering doing it. Do I have to respray paint the whole army though so it'll look the same?

Crusherfex

Postby Crusherfex » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 am

I have been painting a little everyday, never fear. I've been working on the hammerhead recently.

I still have to paint the sides and the back, along with the Railgun/ion cannon. I also have to layer a bit more, but it's near completion.

Crusherfex

Postby Crusherfex » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Sorry for the absence, I was away from Internet from s while ,and couldn't get pics.

I finished the hammerhead hull over the past few days, and it looks a lot better than TNN I painted a while before. :D no pics right now though :(

theninjanid
Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.

Postby theninjanid » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 am

Crusherfex wrote:Sorry for the absence, I was away from Internet from s while ,and couldn't get pics.

I finished the hammerhead hull over the past few days, and it looks a lot better than TNN I painted a while before. :D no pics right now though :(

*appears* Did I hear my name? Don't worry about the pics we can wait.... For a bit. You're painting is looking a bit better already dude, good job!
"don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - Bruce Lee
Because the TNN is awesome - Tmb
you're just made of pure win - Sniperfex
"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

Crusherfex

Postby Crusherfex » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 pm

The grainy iPad camera doesn't do justice. :|

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”