Countryrobin's #the daily paint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Countryrobin's #the daily paint

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 am

Excellent! I've always liked black orc/nob conversions and yours are very eye catching.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Countryrobin » Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Excellent! I've always liked black orc/nob conversions and yours are very eye catching.
Actually they're from a guy at my Gaming store
who I'm 90% sure is SebastionSynn on here who's usually on PD, GB, or the Eldar section of the forum so the Conversion complements should go to him.
I've seen some of his Conversions and they're really cool.
I think he has some of his conversions on DakkaDakka which is also SebastionSynn just go onto his gallery and you'll know which album to go to after that
"Do not go where there is a path, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.".

stickmaster97
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by stickmaster97 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Lookin good home slice! :mrgreen:
Corrupt A Wish
"And looks like stickmaster is the official welcoming committee."
-Joe

Warhammer 40,000:
Storm Guard (Space Marines) : Just starting.....

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Countryrobin » Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Sorry guys and girls,
being the procrastinator I am I waited till the night before to do a 15 slide power point on a mathematician. After 3 1/2 hours of constant typing and searching. I decided I didn't want to paint since my hands were extremely sore.
"Do not go where there is a path, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.".

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 am

Well I hoped to have completed a lot of painting today but...
my Computer got the best of me
so I sculpted this to practice on my sculpting skillz
its not the best but hey, I'm using Gale Force Nine Files to sculpt with

In the words of Jack Sparrow (I think),
"BIG FIRE"

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 am

So today I have two nobs (excluding the special one I will have at the end of the post)
one has adjustments on the picture to look nicer and the other is cropped and that's it
i want you guys to vote which one is better and i will post my ork pics like that from now on.
here's the adjusted picture from the nob i painted friday

and ONLY cropped NOb painted on Saturday

i will post the views of the side and the special nob i painted later running out of time to post this/ just post whic one you like better
adjusted
cropped

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 am

I'd go for the first pic.
When taking pics leave some room around the mini so there is almost a border of white and use more lights. When there is only one light it can create a lot of shadows. Sometimes it helps to position the light as if it were the camera taking the pic so all the shadow is behind the mini. Sometimes doesn't work out though...
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Tue May 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Blue wrote:I'd go for the first pic.
When taking pics leave some room around the mini so there is almost a border of white and use more lights. When there is only one light it can create a lot of shadows.
i used three, one on one side and two on the other and the funny thing is the on by itself out shined the other two on the right.
so i need to a.) get a new set of lights since the single left light is a bendable (almost architect like) lamp which i can get close up and the other two share a pole and can only pivot which is bad since its almost a foot above the miniature where the lights are.
B.) get new bulbs that are the same from all three lights
thanks for the advice for the border im going to try that when i get some more pictures taken

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Wed May 09, 2012 5:00 am

No problem, just a little white around the sides.

For bulbs I get those compact florescent. The new ones everybody is using. Usually you can get 3-4 bulbs in 1 pack for a few bucks. Just make sure they are daylight bulbs.

I had the problem at one point that my lamp was too high from my desk. I got a box and stood the minis on it to get them closer to the light. :wink:
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Wed May 09, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks blue and
This is completely off topic but these forums are really hard to use on a small touch screen

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Countryrobin wrote:Thanks blue and
This is completely off topic but these forums are really hard to use on a small touch screen
bro, don't I know it.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 am

Well i know i haven't got those pictures of the three orks yet
Im not going to make an excuse its just i haven't been able to just sit down and paint at all this week so not much for an update guys.

so hear is Adjusted ork from my last post

here's the other ork

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:15 am

It's been awhile and I just got back to my home with my wonderful laptop and A/C from being away for two weeks and i have some stuff to show.
now this I'm showing is about a month or so old its just I never got around to posting them.
so here is the start of continuing my daily paint

so I have started my Tank company of scratch built lemen Russes which I can actually use in normal games with my white scars with 6th edition
but onto the pictures.

front

side (both sides look the same

Rear

magnetized turret removed

this model was a test using my airbrush for camo which I learned that regular masking tape with destroy your paint job if you are not careful.
I will also smooth out the harsh silver camo lines when I ever get the time.

on to other projects i have been working on but have no pictures

i have mostly assembled/optionalized my assault marines
and started to repaint my terminators (which had a bad paint job since it they were my first miniatures I painted.
finally (I believe), i have AOBR orkz i need to paint before the first week of August so two weeks because i will be gone the last full week again.

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 am

Today i got some Pictures for anyone who is as far as I can see.
first I got some pictures of a paint scheme for my dire avengers to my custom Eldar army that is almost just darker tone compared to the paint scheme on the box the come in.

I also got a handful of my commission orks primed today and hopefully have the rest primed by tomorrow.

finally, I have some Ork terrain pieces I have been working on here
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 34&t=77046

well that wraps it up hope you guys and girls like some of it. I will hopefully have more before the end of the week.

SleepyPillow
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by SleepyPillow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 am

Godd job on the eldar so far, looks really clear and well done.
Sleepy's #thedailypaint - R.I.P.
Sleepy's #theweeklypaint - coming soon™

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”