Countryrobin's #the daily paint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Countryrobin's #the daily paint

Post by Countryrobin » Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 pm

well, to start off instead of painting a model a day I'm going to paint a step of my model(s) each day.
I am a 14 year old in School which brings me to days like tomorrow when I can't do it due to homework and a band concert. having said that, I will paint an extra step the day before or after to make up for it.
now onto the good stuff.
Here I have some orks a guy at my FLGS hired me to paint for his Large Bad Moonz Ork army in squads.

so here's what I did.
I started out today with half of the part of the squad I'm paint with the base coat of yellow and the other half with the brightened yellow painted on.

afterwards, I got the brightened yellow on all of the models, and painted the straps (which I will touch up later)

now for the fun of it here is two of the completed nobs in this squad

and the Nob Leader with the Waaagh Banner (both only primed)

also (I'm trying to state this without really advertising it but) I will have some of my daily paint on my blog in my signature + I will put up a tutorial on how I paint these BAD BOYZ (pun intended)

*Mods if you want me to take that last part of the post down just PM me so I don't have to retype the entire post due to a note at the bottom*
"Do not go where there is a path, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.".

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Countryrobin's #the daily paint

Post by fluffyfen » Tue May 01, 2012 11:04 pm

welcome to the cult buddeh :D

just saying the daily paint is not about doing a whole model but just painting something everyday be it a boot a blade a gun etc etc. ( though im the daily converter <.<)

im liking how smooth your yellow looks :D what paint brand are you using?
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Welcome to the cult of the daily painter, I will just need you to sign this confidentiality agreement... NO ONE SHALL EVER KNOW OF THE GOINGS ON HERE! xD
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Wed May 02, 2012 4:47 am

Welcome dude...
We demand bigger pictures in the future!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Countryrobin » Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 am

@fluffyfen
I use thinned out folk art by painting the base turner's yellow and then brightening it up by adding another shinned out coat or two of folk arts daffodil yellow
in the old gws paint
turner's yellow = golden yellow (MAYBE A BIT DARKER OF A SHADE is needed)
Daffodil yellow = sunburst yellow
in the new gw paints
turner's yellow = yriel yellow (still maybe darker shade needed
daffodil yellow = flash gitz yellow

@ blue
ussualy my pictures are extremely huge like in my entries for group builds
but I had just coppied and pasted them from by blog and they were really small this time
so I might go
A) back to my photo bucket
B) use my gallery on Dakka
from now on
"Do not go where there is a path, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.".

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed May 02, 2012 9:14 am

Looks great so far. I love me some clean yellows.

Also here's your welcome basket. :: hands it offer a basket with soap and cookies::
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Wed May 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Looks great so far. I love me some clean yellows.

Also here's your welcome basket. :: hands it offer a basket with soap and cookies::

of there is just one thing I don't understand...
why would cookies and soap be together just putting that out there I mean they are to completely opposite things

+ what kind of cookies

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Countryrobin wrote:
Lady_Soria wrote:Looks great so far. I love me some clean yellows.

of there is just one thing I don't understand...
why would cookies and soap be together just putting that out there I mean they are to completely opposite things

+ what kind of cookies
Soria likes to make sure we are fed and smell good xD
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Dude!?
You don't eat cookies in the shower!?!? What's wrong with you!?

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Wed May 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Blue wrote:Dude!?
You don't eat cookies in the shower!?!? What's wrong with you!?
I Guess Everything Blue, I guess everything

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

I do want us to be clean. Daily Painter shall not continue the stereotype of gamer funk dangit!

Also the cookies are chocolate chip. And how can you not enjoy after a nice shower, a plate of warm cookies?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:I do want us to be clean. Daily Painter shall not continue the stereotype of gamer funk dangit!

Also the cookies are chocolate chip. And how can you not enjoy after a nice shower, a plate of warm cookies?
Soria... what the heck are you putting in the cookies to keep them warm for hours....? and why is my geiger counter ticking on me....? oh god...
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Nothing... nothing at all.. Um.. by the way.. if you grow tentacles that is entirely because of the Changer of ways.

Joking aside. I look forward to being inspired by more of your work good sir!

Countryrobin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Countryrobin » Wed May 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Well I had a bit more time then I thought I had so I got the Metal painted on with some weathering on one of my Nobs
Hope you like it
If not ...
TOO BAD

Front

Left Side

Right side

Rear

Front Weathering

Rear Weathering

*Are the Pictures BIG enough for the standards to be Blue Approved*

Blue

Post by Blue » Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 am

I think so...
Nice work!

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”