WandalfTheGhite's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
WandalfTheGhite
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

WandalfTheGhite's #thedailypaint

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Fri May 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi everyone, I'm going to make a daily paint mainly for the reason that I need to actually paint my 1250 (+/-) point Imperial Guard army list. I will try everyday to paint a little bit, be it the tracks of a tank, or the face of a guardsman. I warn you that I am a new painter, so I will probably be asking for techniques and a whole bunch of questions. Here is a picture of my bucket of guard and what not.
As you can see some of it is painted, but a lot are not, every week I will try to find another bucket and move everything I have painted and move it to the completed pile. This will probably be at my desk, here is a picture of it, I'll probably clean it out for my models to go.

I'll start with what I did today, so far today (and yesterday) I have halfway completed a side of my Leman Russ.
It still needs a wash and some touching up, but I was wondering what colour should go on the tracks, red highlighted up, orange or some other colour. Glad to be here.
Wandalf's Lawn Care - "Weeds shall not pass!" - Shas Mechanicus

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

SleepyPillow
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: WandalfTheGhite's #thedailypaint

Postby SleepyPillow » Fri May 04, 2012 8:50 pm

I welcome you in our ranks as the really new recruit I am! Let's spread the joy of painting to everyone!
Sleepy's #thedailypaint - R.I.P.
Sleepy's #theweeklypaint - coming soon™

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Welcome to our disfunctional family cult thing
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Fri May 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Sat May 05, 2012 5:17 am

Welcome aboard dude!

You want to make your tracks orange? Is that what you were asking there?
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

WandalfTheGhite
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, and Blue I think that was just a typo I was asking about the various panels on the side. Today I'm planning on finishing one side of the tank and then work on the various weapons. Now I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to strip the paint off of plastic miniatures, I'm asking this because I was looking back at some of my first guardsman and they look awful. Thanks.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Sat May 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Simple green. Fast and safe!

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Sat May 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks Blue, I should go to Walmart sometime this weekend. I finished the first side a lot faster than I thought, but as always the picture does no justice for what it actually looks like, maybe later tonight I'll paint some plasma cannons for him, or switch it up and finish a sentinel.
I don't know if I'm going to put decals on but I guess that will depend on what I choose in the end. Again please leave tips and suggestions. Thanks.

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Well yesterday, I painted nothing, instead of painting I had three games, lost 1, won 1, tied 1. I'm going to try to paint a bit of the weapons for my Leman Russ. I can't remember what the penalty is for not painting one day so if anyone can tell me that would be great. Thanks.

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Ugh... I'm sorry everyone, I've been so busy with Tests and Quizzes everyday, as well as my soccer season starting, but this weekend I decided to make my redemption and finish painting my Leman Russ, or at least getting close to it. I'll post pictures of the hull when I finish, which won't be too long, I've also got to assemble and paint some Sanguinary Guard for a friend. Again I'm sorry for the incredibly long break, but I'm excited to be back. Thanks.

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Wed May 23, 2012 7:32 pm

I sort of finished painting the hull of my Leman Russ, when I mean sort of its just that, I notice some little blemishes when taking the pictures. Well, last weekend I was in the painting mood, I sort of got slowed down when I got my cold, but I have to finish my Leman Russ for the painting deathmatch. Without further ado here are some pictures of the hull:
Here is what I have started on the top half of the Leman Russ.
Hope you all enjoyed.Thanks.

SleepyPillow
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Postby SleepyPillow » Thu May 24, 2012 4:52 am

Good job so far and enjoy the top half.
Sleepy's #thedailypaint - R.I.P.
Sleepy's #theweeklypaint - coming soon™

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 pm

I've decided to start making my own bases, using random pieces of concrete I found lying around, basically from everywhere. My idea is to have a bit of an mountainous, island area, with some vegetation nearby. I'll post some pictures of what it looks like on a smaller base but for now here is the basic idea.
If anyone has any tips on mass production home made bases I would be grateful. Thanks, hope you enjoyed.

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Thu May 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Got home tonight and took some pictures of this guy I just made
here is a little bit of his base
Also tonight while I was walking home I noticed some more asphalt, earlier this night I went back and picked it up, now I have a bit more to work with. Got to finish my deathmatch entry this weekend, hopefully I get it finished. Thanks.

Blue

Postby Blue » Fri May 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Interesting idea to use broken asphalt. Looks good on the IG dude. I would fear that larger pieces may break over time.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”