It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:39 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Hi everyone, I'm going to make a daily paint mainly for the reason that I need to actually paint my 1250 (+/-) point Imperial Guard army list. I will try everyday to paint a little bit, be it the tracks of a tank, or the face of a guardsman. I warn you that I am a new painter, so I will probably be asking for techniques and a whole bunch of questions. Here is a picture of my bucket of guard and what not.
As you can see some of it is painted, but a lot are not, every week I will try to find another bucket and move everything I have painted and move it to the completed pile. This will probably be at my desk, here is a picture of it, I'll probably clean it out for my models to go.

I'll start with what I did today, so far today (and yesterday) I have halfway completed a side of my Leman Russ.
It still needs a wash and some touching up, but I was wondering what colour should go on the tracks, red highlighted up, orange or some other colour. Glad to be here.

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:50 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
I welcome you in our ranks as the really new recruit I am! Let's spread the joy of painting to everyone!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:55 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Welcome to our disfunctional family cult thing

https://twitter.com/Oceangrave0 Check out for up to the minute progress/life.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Welcome!

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:17 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Welcome aboard dude!

You want to make your tracks orange? Is that what you were asking there?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:31 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, and Blue I think that was just a typo I was asking about the various panels on the side. Today I'm planning on finishing one side of the tank and then work on the various weapons. Now I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to strip the paint off of plastic miniatures, I'm asking this because I was looking back at some of my first guardsman and they look awful. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:17 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Simple green. Fast and safe!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:37 pm 

Thanks Blue, I should go to Walmart sometime this weekend. I finished the first side a lot faster than I thought, but as always the picture does no justice for what it actually looks like, maybe later tonight I'll paint some plasma cannons for him, or switch it up and finish a sentinel.
I don't know if I'm going to put decals on but I guess that will depend on what I choose in the end. Again please leave tips and suggestions. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:46 pm 

Well yesterday, I painted nothing, instead of painting I had three games, lost 1, won 1, tied 1. I'm going to try to paint a bit of the weapons for my Leman Russ. I can't remember what the penalty is for not painting one day so if anyone can tell me that would be great. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm 

Ugh... I'm sorry everyone, I've been so busy with Tests and Quizzes everyday, as well as my soccer season starting, but this weekend I decided to make my redemption and finish painting my Leman Russ, or at least getting close to it. I'll post pictures of the hull when I finish, which won't be too long, I've also got to assemble and paint some Sanguinary Guard for a friend. Again I'm sorry for the incredibly long break, but I'm excited to be back. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 pm 

I sort of finished painting the hull of my Leman Russ, when I mean sort of its just that, I notice some little blemishes when taking the pictures. Well, last weekend I was in the painting mood, I sort of got slowed down when I got my cold, but I have to finish my Leman Russ for the painting deathmatch. Without further ado here are some pictures of the hull:
Here is what I have started on the top half of the Leman Russ.
Hope you all enjoyed.Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:52 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Good job so far and enjoy the top half.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:04 pm 

I've decided to start making my own bases, using random pieces of concrete I found lying around, basically from everywhere. My idea is to have a bit of an mountainous, island area, with some vegetation nearby. I'll post some pictures of what it looks like on a smaller base but for now here is the basic idea.
If anyone has any tips on mass production home made bases I would be grateful. Thanks, hope you enjoyed.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:17 pm 

Got home tonight and took some pictures of this guy I just made
here is a little bit of his base
Also tonight while I was walking home I noticed some more asphalt, earlier this night I went back and picked it up, now I have a bit more to work with. Got to finish my deathmatch entry this weekend, hopefully I get it finished. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:34 pm 

Interesting idea to use broken asphalt. Looks good on the IG dude. I would fear that larger pieces may break over time.