Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Been awhile since my last update.

I did some work on the aquilla based on the feedback here, added some more black wash and then grey drybrush to try and get a dust look.

Also did some more work on my building, did the stone and now working on the bronze parts, once I finish the bronze will do the black wash to take the shine of it. After that will make a turquoise wash to go over the bronze to give it an aged look.

Not much painting involved but made some Eldar objective markers, bought some cheap crystals on ebay and just added decals and painted up a base.

Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:31 pm

:: Give Oz award for awesomely easy terrain that looks awesome. ::
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Lady_Soria wrote::: Give Oz award for awesomely easy terrain that looks awesome. ::
*Seconds this award*
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 am

You know my buddy and me were trying to figure out how to make crystals work for Necron objectives. I never thought of just putting a decal on them.

Consider that idea stole ;).
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Latest update:
Have spent the last few days working on the outside of the building. Only got the wash to do on 3 more of the sections.

@Blue do you still think a turquoise/aqua wash would work on the bronze?

Over the weekend I'll head to the hardware store and look for a base.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:41 am

Actually it looks a lot better now so you could probably skip it.

Maybe still add some but very sparingly and in spots where water would pool naturally. Like the bases of the windows and some of those chains hanging. Be sporadic and don't overdo it and it could add some realism to the build.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Got a good painting session in and I can say that I have now finally finished this building :lol:

Went and bought some MDF and cut up some sprues and am eyeing off peoples gardens for sand/rocks/rubble.

Question since I have never made a terrain base before - What glue should I use to glue the building to the MDF board? PVA, superglue?

Plan is to add some break offs and rubble around the building and some on the floors.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:47 am

Normally I would say PVA glue will work just fine but seeing as that's a plastic kit you cold use super glue for a better hold.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Hey guys, not that anyone really cares but I will be non-existant on this forum for the next 2 months as I head overseas to China, Tibet, Nepal and other parts of Asia for a holiday.

Puts a real hit on what I wanted to get painted for the year but I can deal with that hehe.

Look forward to seeing everyones progress when I get back in late June.

Blue

Post by Blue » Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 am

Sounds like an awesome trip dude.
Have fun!

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Well I'm back from my holiday and ready to get back into the painting.

Thought I'd share my latest achievement, got engaged at Everest Base Camp..... Luckily she said yes :)

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm

how adorable <3

congrats man :D
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Blue

Post by Blue » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 am

Big Congrats dude!
Good luck!

SpartanMyth
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by SpartanMyth » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 am

Congrats man :D
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally
Orks: Win 11 Loss 1 Draw 0

Chaos Space Marines: Win 13 Loss 4 Draw 0

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”