Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Hey everyone,

Thought I would join up as an inspiration to try and get me to paint each day or pretty close to it. As well as get other painters to comment on areas of improvement etc.

Here is what I finished a couple of days ago and what I am working on now. Sorry I dont know how to make my pictures smaller.

Working on the inside of the top level so that I can put on the next floor without difficulties of painting.

Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm running out of welcoming jokes.... well, welcome to our club :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Soon you people's "Club" will have everyone on the forums participating. :shock:
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Everybody who enjoys painting at any rate.

:: Hands Oz a basket with a cairn terrier, cookies, coffee and soap:: Welcome!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 pm

It just means we win the war against unpainted mini's :P
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:53 pm

actually id confess id particaipate if i had a constant income and time everyday to paint. However i don't.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Welcome to the Cult!

For the Aquilla, add some dust. A light drybrushing of a light gray will do the trick!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 pm

What Dez said! WELCOME!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Welcome aboard dude!

That aquilla could also use some darker shadows. Try thinning some chaos black (or a dark reddish brown color)and running it in the recesses only.

The interior of that building looks perfect with that mottled texture. What colors and technique did you use to achieve it?
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:12 pm

darkned1ight wrote:actually id confess id particaipate if i had a constant income and time everyday to paint. However i don't.
i dont have constant income and im in it...though i convert more than anything
BUT IT COUNTS SO HA TO YOU PAINTERS : X
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys and for the comments on the Aquila, exactly why I want to join this cult. Will do so more washes in the creases tomorrow and do some more highlighting as well to give that dust look. Do u think codex grey is ok or do I need to go lighter, like a that Deneb stone however u spell it.

For the wall I used two coats of shadow grey and then mashed a devlin mud wash dabbing the bush straight into it. Kind ruins the brush but use an old one so was fine. Then used codex grey to once again dab with a dry brush to get that random blotchy look with the blotchy mud look.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 am

Codex gray will work but make sure to do a very light dry brush. Too thick or heavy and it will be too noticeable.

What may be nice is to do the same thing you did to that interior wall to the aquilla. Smish in codex gray and/or some other color then go over all of it with a thin layer of your base color to blend it together a bit.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Was away over the weekend so wasn't able to do much painting until late Sunday night. Only managed to do the metals on the 1st floor, tonight will do the ground floor then I can put the next floor on and then start on the exterior of the building.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 am

That picture brings out the marble effect, I like it!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Blue

Post by Blue » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Looking good dude!

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”