Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
sebastionsynn
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.

Re: Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

Postby sebastionsynn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:39 pm

in a word - Beautiful!
New research has discovered that research causes cancer in lab rats.
Assembled the model before painting?? It's not a n00b mistake, it's a training exercise to improve your painting skills

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Farseer Oz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Hit the painting pretty hard over the last few days and I have to move house in a week so not a lot will be done over that period.

Did the Phoenix Lord - Maugan Ra

Next project

Wraithseer & 3 Wraithlords

Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Really liking that Phoenix Lord.

Looking forward to seeing them Wraithlords all painted up.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

WandalfTheGhite
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Come on man I'm trying to stick to one army at a time :P
Wandalf's Lawn Care - "Weeds shall not pass!" - Shas Mechanicus

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 pm

All these Eldar paintings is making me want to buy some Eldar models for ****s and giggles..... and i might just do it....
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

WandalfTheGhite
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 am

Fight with me ocean we have to fight back against the Eldar trickery.

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Farseer Oz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 am

Let me 'Guide' you to the Eldar miniatures where you will find great 'Fortune' for if you do not you will meet your 'Doom'

:D

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:11 am

Farseer Oz wrote:Let me 'Guide' you to the Eldar miniatures where you will find great 'Fortune' for if you do not you will meet your 'Doom'

:D

*tic* *toc* *tic* *toc* BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BAAAAAAAD JOOOOOOOOOOOKE!!!!!

But I will most likely buy a farseer and some dire avengers... just for my shelf
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 am

Lol thats what I did, they do look rather nice though.

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 am

well I have always loved some of the eldar models, especially the wraithlord, warlocks, dire avengers and the FW avatar, so, i'd like to maybe get some to do some slow and professional paintjobs on, not the quick and good jobs i do now cuz im always on comission
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Farseer Oz

Postby Farseer Oz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 pm

As most people been quiet in here and have been involved in a painting deathmatch so couldnt provide any pics.

Been working on the Wraithlords and the Wraithseer.

I was doing them all at the same time and realised that I wouldn't get them done by the end of the month so just worked on one for the Deathmatch.

So now working on finishing the other 3.. Tonight I plan on working on the arms and the heads.

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Hey! I voted for you then :D, great looking wraiths, Makin me want Eldar again x3x
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Postby Nappen » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Yep, I voted for you too, the blending was too good not to.
How do you make stickers look good? For me the just look like...stickers...
Everyday is better than the next...

Dark Eldar log: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=76171
Terrain log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Farseer Oz

Postby Farseer Oz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks guys.

Nappen, I use whats called Micro Set and Micro Sol, I picked them up off ebay.

I cut as close to the picture as possible to get rid of any clear excess transfer.

I then use the Micro Set over the area I am going to put the transfer on, this slightly softens the paint and transfer making it fit more flush, I then move the transfer to how I want it and then apply a bit more Micro Set over the top to further soften the transfer.

I leave that for a few minutes and then I apply the Micro Sol, this one eats into the transfer and slightly melts into onto the minature, I very lightly apply this on with a brush and smooth out the transfer.

Once it is dry and then put on a matt vanish to protect the transfer.

Micro Set and Sol are really the bomb when it comes to putting transfers onto models.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Postby Nappen » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:25 am

cool, thanks. Maybe I won't be such a sticker hater in the future :)
Everyday is better than the next...

Dark Eldar log: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=76171
Terrain log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”