Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Farseer Oz #thedailypaint

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 am

Congrats!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks guys.

Now I need your help.

On the building that I have been posting pictures of I have now based and put rubble down etc. I have included a street light which I have painted as being turned on... I am happy with the effect using yellows and whites.

Now I have never done OSL before but I was thinking of doing some OSL effects to the street pole, parts of the building and the ground under the street lamp.

So since I have gone a yellow light do I use a yellow on the ground or is more of a white effect? Or do I highlight the parts closer to the lamp with the original colours..... ie. grey rocks do I use a lighter grey to get a light/shadow effect.

Not sure how to tackle this.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 am

What most would do is a mix of the two. Maybe start with a gray/yellow mix and work through yellow to yellow/white.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Well I have finally finished my terrain piece hehe.

First time doing a terrain piece plus making a base and first time attempting OSL.

Let me know what you think. I should learn how to make the photo's smaller.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Fiancée's little sister is a base player and when she found out about my hobby she has been begging me to paint up a little mascot for her that is playing a guitar.

I'm an extremely slow painter so I was suprised I did so much in one sitting. Just gotta finish the guitar, pants and boots.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 am

Pretty awesome sir!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Completed my Night Spinner tank

Now onto my first Forge World model. Pretty excited... Although there is a fair bit of clean up and some green stuff work to do around the shoulder pads. Also the spear tip is warped so I have to try and straighten that out.

WandalfTheGhite
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by WandalfTheGhite » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Looks great man, I'm starting a Biel-Tan army myself, is that the forgeworld model for the Avatar?
Wandalf's Lawn Care - "Weeds shall not pass!" - Shas Mechanicus

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks

Yeah it is the Forge World Avatar with Spear model

WandalfTheGhite
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by WandalfTheGhite » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 pm

It looks a lot more bulky and taller than the GW one.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 am

Most definately is, the current GW one comes up to his hip from memory.

Once I have the forge one assembled I'll take a photo next to my current GW one.

WandalfTheGhite

Post by WandalfTheGhite » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:55 am

Whoa, how much is he? That's going to be great to see the comparison.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:04 am

WandalfTheGhite

Post by WandalfTheGhite » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:23 am

Yikes that's about $90 Canadian, I guess I'll wait a little while longer until i decide to get one

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Assembled the Avatar.

I magnitised his spear arm so that it can come off and make storage/transportation easier.

Now that is the height I envisioned an Avatar to be.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”