Knibbler's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Knibbler's #thedailypaint

Post by knibbler » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 pm

So along with my recent urge to paint more i would start up a daily paint thread.

You'll come to see from me:
Chaos Space Marines of the Bleak Brotherhood
Dark Eldar
the odd Necron miniature
as well as miniatures from Reaper, Enigma, Tor Gaming, Wyrd and others...

I'll be posting before and after shots so you can see the progress of each daily paint I do.

Starting tomorrow. ;)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Knibbler's #thedailypaint

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you're painting a lot of the same things I am... looking forward to seeing it ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 pm

welcome to our cult, your robes and fancy top hat will be in ur mail within the day.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm

So my first day of Daily Paint and I've failed already, though not actually my fault.

The 'BNIB' Talos Pain/Chronos Parasite Engine I ordered arrived today, flat packed in bubblewrap, lacking in instructions so I am unable to assemble my DE model of awesome.

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 am

Welcome aboard dude!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

knibbler wrote:So my first day of Daily Paint and I've failed already, though not actually my fault.

The 'BNIB' Talos Pain/Chronos Parasite Engine I ordered arrived today, flat packed in bubblewrap, lacking in instructions so I am unable to assemble my DE model of awesome.
Call GW, they will send you a link with instructions you can download.

Welcome aboard!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Welcome to the group and what Dez said.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Yay another soon to be addict! Welcome!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Welcome! Welcome!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 am

Dez wrote:Call GW, they will send you a link with instructions you can download.

Welcome aboard!
Would It matter if I didn't buy the sprues from GW?

I primed the Talos sprues yesterday :D

Thanks to all for the Welcome to the Daily Paint. ;P

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:15 am

Nope, just contact GW and ask for instructions.

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Where did you go? We are stomping our feet demanding pics!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:14 am

Sorry for the slacking in pictures..
Had a very busy few weeks, and this Friday is what would have been my sons 1st birthday so having hard times trying to motivate myself to even lift a brush.
Hopefully, once Easter is out the way, things may settle down and i'll get my passion come back and there'll be fresh pictures every day.

In other news, I did phone up GW on the 24th March asking for assembly instructions for my Talos.. Needless to say I'm still waiting for these to come through. I've already got my color scheme sorted, just waiting to put to damn thing together.. I'll probably give another couple days before phoning them again, or just buy a second Talos, this time with instructions.. I'm not sure if this is the usual waiting period for instructions from GW?

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 am

Knibbler I'm so sorry to hear about your son, that's devastating. I can understand not being motivated to do anything.

I'm not sure why GW is taking so long, usually they just email a pdf.

knibbler
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by knibbler » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 am

I did phone GW te following day after the initial phone call just to make sure they didn't miss-spell my email and I was told they had my correct email address already and that they were still looking for instructions.. :S

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”