Shanon's #'daily'painting.

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Shanon's #'daily'painting.

Post by Blue » Wed May 23, 2012 4:38 am

See if you can find a can of Krylon H2O spray paint. It does not eat styrofoam and covers pretty well. I find it at Michael's as well as hardware stores.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue May 29, 2012 4:09 am

Thanks for the tip Blue!

So lately I've been working on some Dwarf miners ( a unit of five at the moment). But I've been kinda bummed out for hobby stuff. I can't afford to buy anything in June for the hobby because money that isn't going to bills etc is going to clothes, because its either that, or I look like a hobo. Not a good thing.

Some times being an adult sucks. :x
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

blacktemplar

Post by blacktemplar » Tue May 29, 2012 5:16 am

And because GW is having their annual price hike next Monday...
#thedailypaint

Black Templars: 5000
W-T-L: 32-8-9
Lizardmen 3500
W-T-L: 11-0-3
Necrons: 3000
W-T-L: 10-3-6
"We play by Texas Warhammer 40K rules. The only rule is to know the rules."

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 am

There is that.. but I was hoping to pick up a starter pack for Circle soon.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:51 am

Lady_Soria wrote:There is that.. but I was hoping to pick up a starter pack for Circle soon.
DOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEET (When you can :D)

I kinda have given up on GW at this point, so Warmachine and I are even more together, GW has ruined my relationship with it, reminds me of my ex girlfriend.... *shudder*
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

blacktemplar

Post by blacktemplar » Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 am

I'm so glad i only have a few more things to pick up for my vampire counts. 3 skeleton boxes, 2 grave guard, and 2 Vargheist boxes. Now it comes out to around $240. But its worth it.

And then there my Battlefleet Gothic stuff. Maybe $80 more and I'll be finished.

I've been buying stuff for only 3 years. But the amount of money I've spent is stupid. I could have a nice car, or just a whole lot of money. Instead I bought 9 plastic armies...

Oh well, its still a whole lot of fun! :mrgreen:

But with all the money I will have after I'm finished, I might buy some cool stuff like Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. Have you tried those? They are amazing!
#thedailypaint

Black Templars: 5000
W-T-L: 32-8-9
Lizardmen 3500
W-T-L: 11-0-3
Necrons: 3000
W-T-L: 10-3-6
"We play by Texas Warhammer 40K rules. The only rule is to know the rules."

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Tue May 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Some times being an adult sucks.
Tell me about it! I just spent over 20,000 to buy my first house... :|
That's like 13 Manta's dude!!!!

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:27 am

Finally PICTURES!!!!

glad to see you are still rolling with the Stunties!!! Everything is looking great.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed May 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks! In other good news I think I *may* ( big may here) be able to squeak in a Circe of Orboros starter pack this month. WEE!

Also in other news my brain has decided to chew on the idea of re painting my Bretonnian once I've switched mostly over to Reaper paints... Part of me thinks its good idea for at least part of the army, so when I add more Men@Arms they all look coherent... but part of me thinks this may be a practice in pain.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Thanks! In other good news I think I *may* ( big may here) be able to squeak in a Circe of Orboros starter pack this month. WEE!
:D I plan on getting mine eventually too! :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Blue

Post by Blue » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:22 am

Hi!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:59 am

Blue wrote:Hi!

?

Blue

Post by Blue » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 am

Just saying hello... :)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm

:: laughs:: Alright... I'm going to assume Luna is borrowing Blue's computer, or something?

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:21 pm

*Finally* finished base painting the miners. Sometimes I forget that some metallic paints are a paint to work with.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”